Danielle Wyatt and Heather Knight complete special career milestones during 1st T20I

India and England are gearing up to face off in a three-match T20I series beginning on the 6th of December. The series will be significant for both sides as it will serve as good preparation for the upcoming World Cup. It will also be special for the English side as Heather Knight and Danni Wyatt are celebrating special milestones. The first T20I will be Knight’s 250th international game and Wyatt’s 150th T20I.

Danielle Wyatt and Heather Knight complete special career milestones during 1st T20I. PC: Getty
Danielle Wyatt and Heather Knight complete special career milestones during 1st T20I. PC: Getty

Knight is one of the best players that England has produced and her career has had many incredible highlights. In her debut match itself, she scored a stunning 49. Since then she has gone on to score 771 runs in 11 tests, 3765 runs in 134 ODIs, and 1673 runs in 104 T20Is. She is also a handy off-spinner and has taken 84 wickets. One of her notable innings is her unbeaten 168 against Australia. In the one-off Ashes test, she scored 168 runs in 294 balls and hit 17 fours and 1 six in her innings. It was her performance that helped England draw the match.

While her batting is exceptional, it is her captaincy that is equally noteworthy. After the retirement of Charlotte Edwards, she had big shoes to fill and she has led the English side commendably. She has transformed the team into a formidable and consistent side. Since she has taken over the post, she has led the team to the semi-finals of four World Cups and an ODI World Cup trophy in 2017. For the World Cup success, she was awarded an OBE in 2018.

Wyatt is another exemplary talent in the English side. Since her debut in 2010, she has gone on to score 1841 runs in 105 ODIs, 2527 runs in 149 T20Is, and 98 runs in 1 test match. She also contributes with the ball and has taken 27 wickets in ODIs and 46 in T20Is. She started off in the lower order but found her calling when she was promoted as an opener. Some of her impressive innings are her 100 off 57 balls against Australia and 124 off 64 balls against India.

Also Read:  England A announces squad for their upcoming tour to India, Charlie Dean to lead

Knight and Wyatt are amongst the best players to have graced the field and their contribution to English cricket is immense. The team will be hoping to win this match and make this milestone day for the two players more special.

Vaishnavi is a passionate author with an unwavering love for cricket, particularly women’s cricket. Her writing reflects her deep admiration for the sport and her dedication to promoting women’s participation in it. When she’s not following the latest cricket matches, Vaishnavi can be found engrossed in books or enjoying movies.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here