England A announces squad for their upcoming tour to India, Charlie Dean to lead

The England women’s team was last involved in a limited-overs series against Sri Lanka. The series involved a three-match T20I series followed by a three-match ODI series. Sri Lanka clinched a historic T20I series victory (2-1) in England. The home side bounced back and clinched the ODI series (2-1).

England A announce squad for their upcoming tour to India, Charlie Dean to lead.
England A announces squad for their upcoming tour to India, Charlie Dean to lead.

The England women’s team are all set to tour India for a limited-overs series that includes a three-match T20I series followed by a one-off Test match. The series will get underway on 6th December 2023 and conclude on 17th December 2023. The England A squad were last involved in a three-match T20 series followed by a three-match One Day series against Australia A. England A clinched the T20 series with a (3-0) margin. Australia bounced back to clinch the One Day series with a (3-0) margin.

Before the series against India gets underway, the England A squad led by skipper Charlie Dean will play a three-match T20 series that will commence on 29th November 2023 and conclude on 3rd December 2023. England A have announced their squad for their upcoming T20 series.

England A squad for their upcoming tour to India.

Charlie Dean ©, Hollie Armitage, Hannah Baker, Lauren Filer, Mahika Gaur, Kirstie Gordon, Freya Kemp, Ryana MacDonald-Gay, Grace Scrivens, Seren Smale, Rhianna Southby, Mady Villiers, and Issy Wong.

Players to Watch out for:

Mahika Gaur: She was recently a part of the T20I series against Sri Lanka. She picked up the massive wicket of the Sri Lankan skipper Chamari Athapaththu as her maiden wicket in her T20I format. As far as the ODI format is concerned, she has picked up four wickets in a couple of innings. The Sri Lankan skipper Chamari Athapaththu was also her maiden victim in the ODI format. She was also a part of Manchester Originals in the third edition of the Women’s Hundred, earlier this year. She picked up 4 wickets with the ball for her side.

Also Read:  Deandra Dottin's quickfire 75 ensures 3rd Place Play-off for Barmy Army against Spirit

Lauren Filer: She was a part of the London Spirit side in the third edition of the Women’s Hundred earlier this year. She picked up a couple of wickets with the ball. She is known for her raw pace and her ability to swing the ball both ways.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here