Match 4: Welsh Fire v Birmingham Phoenix Women | Squads | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The fourth match of the Hundred Women’s Competition 2022 will be played between Welsh Fire and Birmingham Phoenix on August 13 at the Sophia Gardens in Cardiff. The match will start at 7PM IST.

Match 4: Welsh Fire v Birmingham Phoenix Women | Squads | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

In the last season, these two teams played against each other once with Birmingham Phoenix registering a comprehensive 10-wicket win over Welsh Fire. Overall, Birmingham Phoenix won four out of their eight matches, finishing third at the end of the league stage, Welsh Fire, on the other hand, managed to win only two out of their eight matches, ending last in the points table.

Squads

Welsh Fire: Tammy Beaumont, Rachael Haynes, Annabel Sutherland, Fran Wilson, Alex Hartley, Fi Morris, Sarah Bryce, Hannah Baker, Lauren Filer, Katie George, Alex Griffiths, Nicole Harvey, Georgia Hennessy, Hayley Matthews, Claire Nicholas, Nicola Carey

Birmingham Phoenix: Sophie Molineux, Sterre Kalis, Emily Arlott, Gwen Davies, Sophie Devine, Georgia Elwiss, Ria Fackrell, Phoebe Franklin, Kirstie Gordon, Amy Jones, Eve Jones, Ellyse Perry, Abtaha Maqsood, Issy Wong, Deepti Sharma, Davina Perrin

Players to watch out for

Hayley Matthews: 

The star West Indian all-rounder, who will represent Welsh Fire, is a right-handed opening batter and a right arm off spinner. She is one of the rare players in women’s cricket, who can open the batting as well as the bowling. She is a genuine all-rounder and can make match winning contributions with either bat or ball.

Rachael Haynes:

She is a left-handed middle order batter from Australia who will feature for Welsh Fire. The southpaw is quite flexible with her batting position as she can come in at the middle order or even open the batting. The vice-captain of Australia has been a prolific run-getter for her team over many years.

Also Read:  Suzie Bates becomes First ever cricketer to score 3500 T20I Runs

Deepti Sharma: 

She is one of the best all-rounders of India. This left-handed middle order batter and right arm off spinner will represent Birmingham Phoenix. With the ball, she can open the attack as well as bowl in the death. She was a part of the London Spirit outfit in the inaugural season of the Hundred.

Sophie Devine: 

The captain of New Zealand will play for Birmingham Phoenix. She is a right-handed opening batter and a right arm medium pace bowler. She is known for her aggressive batting and wicket-taking abilities. She is an experienced campaigner and a genuine match winner.

Pitch

This will be the first match of the tournament at this venue. Last year, out of the four matches played as a part of the Women’s Hundred, teams batting second won all the matches. The average first innings score is 107 and the average second innings score is 109. Captain winning the toss may look to bowl first.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly sunny and hot. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 34 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be 45 percent with just one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy Playing XI

Amy Jones, Ellyse Perry, Rachael Haynes, Tammy Beaumont, Deepti Sharma, Hayley Matthews, Sophie Devine, Alex Hartley, Issy Wong, Nicola Carey, Sophie Molineux

Match details 

Date: August 13, 2022

Time: 7 PM IST

Venue: Sophia Gardens, Cardiff

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 7: England v South Africa Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here