Match 9: Australia v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The ninth women’s T20I in the 2022 Commonwealth Games will be played between Australia and Pakistan on August 3 at Edgbaston in Birmingham. The match will start at 3.30 PM IST.

Match 9: Australia v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Rachael Haynes, Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Grace Harris, Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Amanda-Jade Wellington

Pakistan: Bismah Maroof (c), Aiman Anwar, Aliya Riaz, Anam Amin, Ayesha Naseem, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Iram Javed, Kainat Imtiaz, Muneeba Ali Siddiqui, Nida Dar, Omaima Sohail, Sadia Iqbal, Tuba Hassan.

Last 5 performances

While Australia have won four out of their last five matches, with one match not producing a result, Pakistan, on the other hand, have won just the one match and lost two, with the remaining two matches not producing a result.

Head-to-Head

Australia and Pakistan have played 12 T20Is against each other, out of which Australia have won 10 and two matches did not produce a result. 

Players to watch

Meg Lanning: 

The captain of Australia looked in good touch in her last match against Barbados. Chasing a modest score of 65, she came in to bat in the second over. She muscled an unbeaten 36 off 21 balls, including five boundaries and two sixes.

Alana King: 

She was the most successful bowler for Australia in her last game against Barbados. The wily right arm leg spinner claimed 8/4 in four overs, registering her career-best figures in the T20I format.

Ashleigh Gardner: 

She is a hard-hitting right-handed middle-order batter of Australia and more than handy right-arm-off spinner. She scored a delectable half-century in the opening match of the tournament against India to help her team snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. 

Also Read:  Lizelle Lee, Tammy Beaumont, Fatima Sana, Hayley Matthews nominated for ODI Player of the Year

Bismah Maroof: 

The captain of Pakistan is an experienced campaigner. She is a left-handed top order batter. In her last outing against India, she got off to a start as she scored a 19-ball 17, however failed to capitalize.

Muneeba Ali: 

In the last match against India, this left-handed opening batter and wicket-keeper of Pakistan top scored with 32 runs off 30 balls, including three boundaries and a six. She will be expected to provide a steady start to Pakistan and lay a solid foundation for the batters to follow.

Omaima Sohail: 

She is one of the best all-rounders of Pakistan. This right-handed middle order batter scored 10 runs off 13 balls in her last appearance against India and picked up 20/1 in three overs, bowling right arm off spin.

Pitch

It is expected to be a belter of a wicket. Expect a high scoring contest if Australia bats first. On the other hand, Pakistan will have to fight hard to put a fighting score on board as they will be challenged by an in-form Australian bowling attack. Spinners have been more successful here.

Weather

The weather is expected to see a shower in spots in the morning, otherwise a blend of sun and clouds. The maximum temperature forecast is 25 degrees Celsius. There will be 66 percent cloud cover and 40 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west-southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Muneeba Ali, Meg Lanning, Aliya Riaz, Bismah Maroof, Beth Mooney, Ashleigh Gardner, Tahlia McGrath, Omaima Sohail, Alana King, Jess Jonassen, Fatima Sana

Match details

Date: August 3, 2022

Also Read:  Which teams did Australia defeat during their 26 Consecutive ODI Winning Streak?

Time: 3.30PM IST

Venue: Edgbaston, Birmingham

Live streaming: Sony LIV, Sony TEN

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here