Preview: Match 6 – Kenya vs Scotland Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

The sixth match of the Commonwealth Games Women’s Cricket Qualifier 2022 will be played between Kenya and Scotland on January 22 at Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. While Kenya has lost both their matches so far, Scotland has won one out of their two matches.

Preview: Match 6 – Kenya vs Scotland Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

Match preview

Squads

Kenya: Margaret Ngoche (c), Queentor Abel, Veronica Abuga, Ruth Achando (wk), Lavendah Idambo, Sharon Juma (wk), Sylvia Kinyua, Mary Mwangi, Monicah Ndhambi, Daisy Njoroge, Mercyline Ochieng, Flavia Odhiambo, Venasa Ooko, Jane Otieno, Esther Wachira, Sarah Wetoto

Scotland: Kathryn Bryce (c), Abbi Aitken-Drummond, Sarah Bryce (wk), Priyanaz Chatterji, Katherine Fraser, Lorna Jack, Ailsa Lister, Abtaha Maqsood, Megan McColl, Katie McGill, Hannah Rainey, Charis Scott, Rachel Slater, Ellen Watson

Players to watch out for

Esther Wachira:

The right arm seamer was the lone wicket-taker for Kenya in its last match against Sri Lanka. She struck with 1-4 in her one over, picking up the key wicket of Sri Lankan captain Chamari Athapaththu, who scored a brilliant half-century. Kenya will want Wachira to bowl in disciplined lines and lengths going forward.

Queentor Abel:

The right-handed opening batter was the top run-scorer for Kenya in her last outing against Sri Lanka. She mustered 33 runs off 53 balls, including five boundaries. She was there till the 16th over of the match. Kenya will want its opening batter to fire on all cylinders going into the next match against Scotland.

Kathryn Bryce:

The captain of Scotland scored a blistering 62 not out off just 46 balls, including seven boundaries. She helped her team to post a competitive score of 148-5 in 20 overs. She won the player of the match for her stellar batting performance. She also opened the bowling and bowled three overs giving away 18 runs.

Also Read:  Complete Squad Analysis of Trent Rockets : The Women’s Hundred 2021

Katherine Fraser:

The right-arm spinner from Scotland was the pick of the bowlers against Malaysia in her last game. She wrecked havoc with the ball picking up 4-19 in her four overs, including one maiden. Scotland will want its spinner to spin a web to catch the batters in the upcoming matches in the tournament.

Pitch

The wicket is good to bat on. The ball comes nicely on to the bat and the batters can play through the line of the ball. For the bowlers, there is some help, provided they are able to exploit the conditions. As the same venue is used for all the matches, it is likely that the wicket could be a bit on the slow side and aid the spinners.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly cloudy with an average temperature of 30 degrees Celsius. There is around a 20% chance of precipitation. The wind will blow from the east-northeast during the start of the game and as the match progresses, the wind will change course and blow from the west-southwest.

Fantasy playing XI

Sarah Bryce, Abbi Aitken-Drummond, Ellen Watson, Esther Wachira, Queentor Abel, Kathryn Bryce, Katie McGill, Katherine Fraser, Abtaha Maqsood, Mercyline Ochieng, Sarah Wetoto

Match details

Date: January 22, 2022

Time: 7am IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Live Score: FanCode

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  "Really excited to be part of the Commonwealth for the first time," Smriti Mandhana
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here