Preview: Match 3 – Kenya vs Bangladesh Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

The third match of the Commonwealth Games Women’s Cricket Qualifier 2022 will be played between Kenya and Bangladesh on January 19 at Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Bangladesh won their first match against Malaysia on January 18 by eight wickets. Kenya will be playing their first match of the Qualifiers on January 19.

Preview: Match 3 – Kenya vs Bangladesh Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

Squads

Kenya: Margaret Ngoche (c), Queentor Abel, Veronica Abuga, Ruth Achando (wk), Lavendah Idambo, Sharon Juma (wk), Sylvia Kinyua, Mary Mwangi, Monicah Ndhambi, Daisy Njoroge, Mercyline Ochieng, Flavia Odhiambo, Venasa Ooko, Jane Otieno, Esther Wachira, Sarah Wetoto

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (c, wk), Rumana Ahmed, Sharmin Akhter, Nahida Akter, Sanjida Akter Meghla, Suraiya Azmin, Fargana Hoque, Fahima Khatun, Murshida Khatun, Salma Khatun, Lata Mondal, Ritu Moni, Sobhana Mostary, Shamima Sultana (wk), Fariha Trisna

Players to watch out for

Margaret Ngoche:

The right-handed batter and right-arm seamer is the captain of Kenya. The 40-year old has featured in 14 T20Is between 2019 and 2021. She has scored 267 runs, including one half-century. She has accounted for five wickets. Out of the 14 T20Is that she has played, she has captained in 12 of them.

Queentor Abel:

She is a right-handed batter and a right-arm-off spinner who has featured in 14 T20Is for Kenya. She has mustered 240 runs at a strike rate of 94.11. With the ball, she has picked up 19 wickets, including one five-wicket haul. She is a genuine wicket-taker.

Shamima Sultana:

The right-handed opening bat top scored with 28 runs off 19 balls, including four boundaries and a six in Bangladesh’s successful run chase against Malaysia in the last game. She stitched a 38-run opening partnership with her partner Murshida Khatun (14) in five overs to provide a solid platform to her team.

Also Read:  Sri Lanka Women's Cricket at CWG 2022 | Schedule, Squad, Live Streaming, Latest News

Rumana Ahmed:

She was the player of the match in her last outing against Malaysia in which she struck with 2-4 in her four overs. She picked up wickets in the 13th and 15th over of the match. The leg spinner was the most economical bowler for Bangladesh.

Pitch

The wicket is good to bat on. However, the first match that was played on January 18 morning turned out to be a low-scoring one since Malaysia were restricted to 49-9. Sri Lankan batters showed that the wicket was favorable to bat on as they chased down the target in just eight overs. Spinners had a good outing. With cloudy conditions, teams winning the toss may look to bowl first.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy. The average temperature will be in the range of 25 and 30 degrees Celsius. There is less than 10%chance of precipitation at the start of play and around 20% chance of precipitation in the latter half of the game. The wind will blow from the north-northeast.

Fantasy playing XI

Shamima Sultana, Fargana Hoque, Sharmin Akhter, Venasa Ooko, Rumana Ahmed, Salma Khatun, Margaret Ngoche, Queentor Abel, Nahida Akter, Flavia Odhiambo, Sarah Wetoto

Match details

Date: January 19, 2022

Time: 7am IST

Venue: Kinrara Academy Oval, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Live Score: FanCode

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Why did Tahlia McGrath play CWG2022 Final despite being tested COVID positive?
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here