Bangladesh announces squad for their tour to South Africa in December

The Bangladesh women’s team was last involved in a home series against Pakistan. These two sides were involved in a limited-overs series. The series included a three-match T20I series followed by a three-match ODI series. The home side clinched the T20I series, making it a historic, first-ever T20I series victory over Pakistan. The home side also went on to clinch the ODI series by a (2-1) margin.

Bangladesh announces squad for their tour to South Africa in December. PC: Getty
Bangladesh announces squad for their tour to South Africa in December. PC: Getty

On the other hand, South Africa was involved in a home series against New Zealand. It was a limited-overs series that included a three-match ODI series followed by a three-match T20I series. The home side South Africa clinched the ODI series and the T20I series was shared between both sides.

The last time South Africa and Bangladesh came up against each other was way back in the year 2018. South Africa bagged both the T20I as well as the ODI series against Bangladesh. After a gap of five years, Bangladesh is all set to visit South Africa for a limited-overs series which will include a three-match T20I series followed by a three-match ODI series in December this year. The tour will commence on 3rd December 2023.

The Bangladesh women’s team led by skipper Nigar Sultana Joty has announced their squad for their tour to South Africa.

Bangladesh squad for their tour to South Africa:

Also Read:  Bangladesh announces ODI squad for series against Pakistan

Nigar Sultana Joty (C), Nahida Akter (VC), Shamima Sultana, Murshida Khatun, Sobhana Mostary, Fargana Hoque Pinky, Lata Mondol, Shorna Akter, Ritu Moni, Shorifa Khatun, Sumaiya Akter, Rabeya Khan, Sultana Khatun, Fahima Khatun, Marufa Akter, Disha Biswas

Schedule: Bangladesh tour of South Africa 2023:

DATE EVENT VENUE TIME (IST)
03-Dec-23 1st T20I Willowmoore Park, Benoni 5:30 PM
06-Dec-23 2nd T20I Diamond Oval, Kimberley 9:30 PM
08-Dec-23 3rd T20I Diamond Oval, Kimberley 9:30 PM
16-Dec-23 1st ODI Buffalo Park, East London
5:30 PM
20-Dec-23 2nd ODI Senwes Park, Potchefstroom
23-Dec-23 3rd ODI Willowmoore Park, Benoni
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here