1st T20I: India v Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Ticket

The five-match T20I series between India and Australia starts on December 9 in Mumbai. D.Y. Patil Cricket Stadium and Brabourne Stadium will be the hosts. The first T20I will be played at the DY Cricket Patil Stadium.

1st T20I: India v Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming
1st T20I: India v Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming

With the regular skipper of Australia, Meg Lanning, still, on an indefinite break, the swashbuckling wicket-keeper-batter, Alyssa Healy, gets the chance to lead the side. On the other hand, India will be captained by the dashing all-rounder Harmanpreet Kaur.

Recently, these two teams have played a couple of big finals; the ICC Women’s World T20 in 2020 and the Commonwealth Games gold-medal match in 2022. Australia had the upper hand on both occasions as they handed heartbreaking defeats to India. Can Women in Blue redeem themselves in this bilateral, or will the mighty Australians continue to rule the roost?

Head-to-Head

India and Australia have played 25 T20Is against each other, with Australia winning 18, India winning six, and one match not producing a result.

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana (vc), Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Jemimah Rodrigues, Deepti Sharma, Radha Yadav, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Singh Thakur, Meghna Singh, Anjali Sarvani, Devika Vaidya, S Meghana, Richa Ghosh, Harleen Deol

Australia: Alyssa Healy (c), Tahlia McGrath (vc), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland

Players to watch

Smriti Mandhana: 

India’s stylish left-handed opening batter is one of the most prolific players in this line-up. She has a good repertoire of shots all around the park. Her elegance and timing make her one of the best in the business. She will be pivotal to India’s batting against a strong Australian bowling attack.

Also Read:  Schedule: Australia to play 5 T20Is against India from 9 to 20th December

Renuka Singh Thakur: 

The right-arm pace sensation of India has had a terrific 2022 so far. Her ability to swing the new ball and provide early breakthroughs to the team has been the key to India’s success in the shortest format. Besides her new ball bowling, she can be quite effective in the death overs.

Alyssa Healy:

Australia’s supremely aggressive right-handed opening batter is one of the most dreaded batters in women’s cricket. Her sublime batting abilities can take any opposition attack to the cleaners. Behind the stumps, she is arguably the safest house. With the added responsibility of captainship, she will be a player to watch out for.

Ashleigh Gardner: 

The star Australian all-rounder is a right-handed middle-order batter and a right-arm off-spinner. She is a hard-hitting batter and can clear any boundary at a canter. With the ball, she is highly effective and has an uncanny ability to pick up crucial wickets.

Pitch

The venue will host its first-ever T20I. Expect a batting-friendly surface and tons of runs to be scored by the two power-packed line-ups. Under lights, the fast bowlers may get some assistance. An exciting contest between bat and ball could be on the cards on this fresh wicket.

Weather

The weather is expected to see a hazy sun. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 32 degrees Celsius. There will be a 55 percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Harmanpreet Kaur, Smriti Mandhana, Ashleigh Gardner, Deepti Sharma, Jess Jonassen, Megan Schutt, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Renuka Singh Thakur

Also Read:  Governor-General's XI v Pakistan Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match Details

Date: December 9, 2022

Time: 7 PM IST (12.30 AM AEDT, December 10)

Venue: D.Y. Patil Cricket Stadium, Mumbai

Live Streaming: Star Sports & Hotstar (India), DD Free (Dish) Fox Sports and Channel 7 (Australia)

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here