1st T20I: Bangladesh vs Australia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Following Australia’s clean sweep in the 3-match One-Day International (ODI) series against hosts Bangladesh, it is now time for the Twenty20 International (T20I) series. The 1st of 3 T20Is will be played at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, on the 31st of March, 2024, at 11:30 AM Indian Standard Time (IST).

Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur
Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Squads:

Bangladesh – Nigar Sultana Joty (C), Nahida Akter (VC), Murshida Khatun, Sobhana Mostary, Sumaya Akter, Shorna Akter, Ritu Moni, Rabeya Khan, Sultana Khatun, Fahima Khatun, Marufa Akter, Farzana Akter Lisa, Fariha Islam Trisna, Shorifa Khatun, Dilara Akter Dola

Australia – Alyssa Healy (C, WK), Tahlia McGrath (VC), Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Alana King, Phoebe Litchfield, Sophie Molineux, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham, Tayla Vlaeminck, Grace Harris

Players to watch out:

Nigar Sultana Joty

The 26-year-old keeper-batter has amassed 1613 runs from 82 T20I innings, recording the highest of 113* and averaging 25.20. In the ODI series, Nigar managed a couple of starts (27 and 16) but failed to convert them into substantial scores and will be backed to do so in the T20Is, leading the tally.

Nahida Akter

The 24-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 74 outings, has scalped 86 wickets at an economy rate of 5.55 and added 115 runs to the tally from 27 innings. Nahida wasn’t at her best in the ODIs, though she was economical, only managed to pick a couple of wickets. It will be hoped that she steps up with both bat and ball.

Grace Harris

The 30-year-old all-rounder, striking at 167.21, has accumulated 408 runs, including the highest of 64*, from 27 T20I outings, and also has 9 wickets to her name. In the lead-up to the series, Grace had a decent T20 campaign in India, and it will be expected of the seasoned player to pick up from where she left off.

Also Read:  Georgia Wareham Shines as Australia Dominate Bangladesh in T20I Series

Sophie Molineux

The 26-year-old all-rounder returned to international white-ball games for the first time since 2021 during the ODIs this series and produced figures of 3/10 and 2/23. In the lead-up to the series, she struck 13 wickets from 10 T20 games, while also being handy with the bat. She can be relied upon for the goods.

Pitch:

The center wicket at Shere Bangla National Stadium heavily favors bowlers. However, batters with strong tactical skills and shot selection can still find ways to accumulate runs. The average score on this wicket is in the 110s, suggesting the challenge for batters.

Weather:

The conditions are favorable for a game of cricket at Mirpur with sunny skies and a humidity level of 60%. The temperature is forecasted to range in the early 30s, and the likelihood of rain is minimal.

Fantasy playing XI:

Nigar Sultana Joty, Beth Mooney, Grace Harris, Ellyse Perry, Ashleigh Gardner, Annabel Sutherland, Alana King, Nahida Akter, Sophie Molineux, Kim Garth, Georgia Wareham

Match details:

Date – March 31, 2024

Time – 11:30 AM IST

Venue – Shere Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on FanCode and the Bangladesh Cricket YouTube channel.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here