Adani Sportsline’s Ahmedabad Academy Hosts Inspiring Training Session with Gujarat Giants

Adani Sportsline’s Ahmedabad academy witnessed an extraordinary event as their budding cricketers had the privilege of joining the Women’s Premier League (WPL) team Gujarat Giants for an exhilarating training session this Saturday. This unique opportunity allowed aspiring cricketers to share the field with some of the globe’s finest cricketing talents, gaining valuable insights and experience that could shape their budding careers.

Adani Sportsline's Ahmedabad Academy Hosts Inspiring Training Session with Gujarat Giants
Adani Sportsline’s Ahmedabad Academy Hosts Inspiring Training Session with Gujarat Giants

For Riya, one of the emerging bowlers, the experience was nothing short of a dream come true. “I am so grateful for the opportunity to train with international cricketers,” she exclaimed. Riya specifically admired the composure displayed by the team’s vice-captain, Sneh Rana, especially in challenging situations. Taking careful notes of Rana’s strategies, Riya applied them to outsmart the batters, demonstrating a keen ability to absorb and apply the lessons learned on the field.

Harleen Deol’s impressive batting skills and Ashleigh Gardner’s precision in finding the right line and length also caught Riya’s attention. “Harleen’s batting has left a lasting impact on me, and I aspire to improve my game,” she added, highlighting the direct influence that such interactions can have on young talents.

Meanwhile, Mananya, an all-rounder and a devoted Meghna Singh fan, emphasized Adani Sportsline’s pivotal role in providing young cricketers the chance to interact and learn from experienced players. Watching closely as Meghna Singh honed her bowling techniques during the nets, Mananya appreciated Singh’s commitment to refining her pace and maintaining accuracy in line and length.

Beth Mooney, the captain of Gujarat Giants, emerged as a beacon of inspiration for these young girls, encouraging them to aim for higher levels in cricket. Mananya particularly admired Mooney’s elegant square drives, cut shots, and leadership qualities.

Also Read:  “My job as a leader is to try and lead from the front", says Beth Mooney

Acknowledging the enthusiasm and curiosity displayed by the young girls at Adani Sportsline’s Ahmedabad academy, Team Mentor Mithali Raj commended their spirit and hoped that this unique experience would impart valuable lessons, not just in their roles as athletes but also as individuals. Covidien Adesara, Chief Operating Officer (COO) of Adani Sportsline, took note of the burgeoning interest in women’s cricket and expressed optimism that this trend would continue to grow.

In the previous edition of the WPL, the Gujarat Giants had a season they would like to forget. They finished last in the points table, having secured just 2 wins in their quota of 8 games. Their only victories that season came against a struggling Royal Challengers Bangalore side and eventual finalists Delhi Capitals.

This season has been no different for the Gujarat-based franchise as they are yet to get their campaign up and running and register their first victory in this edition of the WPL. With the coveted tournament set to change bases for its 2nd leg of the ongoing edition, the Gujarat Giants will hope a change of venue brings about a change in fortune.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here