Women’s Tri-series in Australia to be live streamed on Sony Pictures Sports

The Indian Women’s Cricket Team is in Australia to play the tri-series which includes home team Australia and the mighty England side. This is going to be one of the toughest tours of this season as it also marks the preparation for the Indian contingent for that all-important T20 World cup to be played in the same nation.

Captains pose with the trophy
Captains pose with the trophy. Pic Credits: BCCI

Sony Pictures Sports Network (SPSN) will broadcast the upcoming Women’s T20 International three-nation Series in Australia. The series between January 31 and February 12 will feature seven women’s T20 International matches between hosts Australian, England and India.

Harmanpreet Kaur led India has already reached Australia a week before the tri-series begins and has straight away opted for practice sessions to get acclimatized to the conditions. The team management and the support staff have to make sure that the media and their headlines don’t play with the minds of the team. Not to forget that tri-series can really assist the Indian camp and they should be really focusing here at the larger picture and take this series as a solid learning curve and also look to find their ideal combination related to the team balance of the side before the world cup begins in February.

Now the tri-series will be played at two locations namely Canberra & the Junction Oval at Melbourne. The tournament begins on the 31st of Jan with the visitors India & England locking horns against each other. Each team will play each other twice in this tournament and the top two teams will play the final on Feb 12 at the Junction Oval in Melbourne.

Also Read:  Summary: 2nd T20I - Sophie Ecclestone and Heather Knight seal Super Over victory against Australia

England will be lead by Heather Knight and Australia will be led by Meg Lanning and this should be the most exciting event before the eventual test starts from the 21st of Feb.

The good thing for India is that this will give them ample game time to get used to the conditions and hopefully know exactly how to approach the big games that they will play in the upcoming world cup. Nothing better to play a home side in their own backyard and also a team which is absolutely magnificent in white-ball cricket. This will be a series to look out for and we hope to see some notable performances in it as well.

Womens three-nation T20I Broadcast Schedule

Match Date (India) IST Channel
India Women vs. England Women 1st T20i 31/01/20 08:40 Sony ESPN SD & HD
Australia Women vs. England Women 2nd T20i 01/02/20 08:30 Sony ESPN SD & HD
Australia Women vs. India Women 3rd T20i 02/02/20 08:30 Sony ESPN SD & HD
India Women vs. England Women 4th T20i 07/02/20 08:40 Sony Six SD & HD
Australia Women vs. India Women 5th T20i 08/02/20 06:40 Sony Six SD & HD
Australia Women vs. England Women 6th T20i 09/02/20 08:40 Sony Six SD & HD
Finals 12/02/20 08:10 Sony Six SD & HD

A cricket enthusiast ,fascinated about the sport and help the game spread globally.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here