Match 6: Papua New Guinea v UAE | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The sixth 2022 ICC Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier match will be played between Papua New Guinea and UAE on September 19 at the Tolerance Oval in Abu Dhabi. The game will begin at 4.30 PM IST.

Match 6: Papua New Guinea v UAE | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

]Both the teams lost their first match of the tournament. While Papua New Guinea suffered defeat at the hands of Zimbabwe by eight wickets, UAE lost to Thailand by seven wickets.

Head-to-Head

Papua New Guinea and UAE have played just one T20I against each other. Papua New Guinea won that match.

Squads

Papua New Guinea: Kaia Arua (c)Melanie Ani, Vicky AraaHollan Doriga, Kevau Frank, Veru Frank, Sibona Jimmy, Ravina Oa, Tanya Ruma, Pauke Siaka, Brenda Tau, Henao Thomas, Mairi Tom, Isabel Toua, Naoani Vare

UAE: Chaya Mughal (c), Natasha Cherriath, Samaira Dharnidharka, Kavisha Egodage, Siya Gokhale, Priyanjali Jain (wk), Lavanya Keny, Suraksha Kotte, Vaishnave Mahesh, Indhuja Nandakumar, Esha Oza, Rinitha Rajith, Rithika Rajith, Theertha Satish (wk), Khushi Sharma

Players to watch

Tanya Ruma: 

The right-handed top-order batter of Papua New Guinea was the highest run-scorer for her team in her last appearance against Zimbabwe. She mustered 25 runs off 35 balls, including one boundary and a six. She came in to bat in the very first over and was there in the middle till the 17th over. She anchored the innings well.

Kaia Arua: 

The captain of Papua New Guinea was the most successful bowler for her team in her last match against Zimbabwe. She claimed 21/2 in 3.4 overs. The left-arm spinner was the lone wicket-taker. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings. Apart from being a handy spinner, she is a right-handed middle-order batter.

Also Read:  Match 3: Bangladesh v Ireland | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI

Kavisha Egodage: 

The right-handed middle-order batter of UAE starred with the bat in her last outing against Thailand. She scored an unbeaten 40 off 44, including five boundaries. She came in to bat in the third over and steadied the innings well. She played some beautiful shots and ran well between the wickets.

Vaishnave Mahesh: 

The right-arm leg spinner of UAE opened the bowling and looked good with the new ball against Thailand in her last game. She accounted for 18/1 in her full quota of four overs. She was one of the three wicket-takers in the side and was the most economical bowler in the lot.  

Weather

The weather is expected to be very warm with plenty of sunshine. The highest temperature attained during the day will be 39 degrees Celsius. There will be no cloud cover and no chance of rain. The wind will blow from the north-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Brenda Tau, Theertha Satish, Kaia Arua, Kavisha Egodage, Natasha Cherriath, Tanya Ruma, Esha Oza, Chaya Mughal, Vaishnave Mahesh, Isabel Toua, Ravina Oa

Match details

Date: September 19, 2022

Time: 4.30 PM IST

Venue: Tolerance Oval, Abu Dhabi

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Final: United Arab Emirates vs Malaysia | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here