Milestones Approaching during Match 20 between England Women vs West Indies Women

The final match of the league stage in Group B at the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024 will determine the top two teams advancing to the next round. England and West Indies are set to face off in this crucial encounter. Several key players from both sides are nearing remarkable career landmarks.

Milestones Approaching during Match 20 between England Women vs West Indies Women

Danielle Wyatt-Hodge is 1 run away from 5,000 international runs and is 37 runs away from 3000 T20I runs

For England, their opener Danielle Wyatt-Hodge is on the brink of a monumental achievement. With 4,999 international runs across all formats (129 in Tests, 1,907 in ODIs, and 2,963 in T20Is), Wyatt is just 1 run short of crossing the 5,000-run milestone in international cricket. Adding to the significance, Wyatt is also on the verge of becoming the first English woman to score 3,000 T20I runs, needing just 37 more to reach the landmark. Wyatt has had a stellar tournament so far, amassing 135 runs in three matches, with her standout performance being an unbeaten 51 off 26 balls against Scotland.

Alice Capsey is 43 runs away from 1,000 International Runs

Another English batter with an eye on a personal milestone is the rising star Alice Capsey. She needs just 43 more runs to complete 1,000 international runs (257 in ODIs and 700 in T20Is). Known for her aggressive batting style and a strike rate of 119.86 in T20Is, Capsey has quickly established herself as one of the key players in England’s lineup.

Deandra Dottin is 16 runs away from 6,500 International Runs

For the West Indies, power-hitter Deandra Dottin is closing in on an extraordinary career milestone. She is just 16 runs away from reaching 6,500 international runs across all formats (3,727 in ODIs and 2,757 in T20Is). Known for her aggressive approach, Dottin has the ability to take the game away from any opponent in a matter of overs. She showcased this in her latest innings of 19 not out off 7 balls against Bangladesh, displaying her capability to score quickly, with a strike rate of 181.82 in the ongoing tournament.

Also Read:  Hayley Matthews completes 100 T20I Matches

Hayley Matthews is set to play 100th T20I

Another West Indian player on the verge of a significant milestone is their captain, Hayley Matthews. When Matthews takes the field against England, she will become only the fifth player from the West Indies to play 100 T20Is. Already a standout performer, Matthews recently became the second West Indian to take 100 T20I wickets. She is also the third-highest run-scorer for her country in T20Is, with 2,391 runs to her name. So far in the tournament, Matthews has contributed with both bat and ball, scoring 52 runs and taking 2 wickets

England and West Indies have faced off in 28 T20I matches, with England having a significant advantage, winning 19 times to West Indies’ 8 victories. However, past records will hold little weight in a match as important as this one. The match, scheduled for 7:30 PM IST at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket