Milestones Approaching During Match 19 between Pakistan Women vs New Zealand Women

As the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024 draws to a close, New Zealand is set to face Pakistan in a crucial match that could decide both teams’ fates in the tournament. Along with the high stakes, several key players are on the verge of reaching major milestones, adding further intrigue to the encounter.

Milestones Approaching During Match 19 between Pakistan Women vs New Zealand Women. PC: Getty
Milestones Approaching During Match 19 between Pakistan Women vs New Zealand Women. PC: Getty

Aliya Riaz is 34 runs away from 2500 international runs

For Pakistan, the focus will be on all-rounder Aliya Riaz, who is just 34 runs away from reaching 2,500 international runs. Having accumulated 2,466 runs (1,324 in ODIs and 1,142 in T20Is) across 166 matches, Riaz’s ability to perform under pressure is well-established. Her knock of 26 against Australia in their previous game showed her reliability, and her contributions with the ball, where she has picked up 32 wickets (12 in ODIs, 20 in T20Is), further underline her importance for Pakistan.

Suzie Bates is 2 runs away from 4500 T20I runs

On the New Zealand side, all eyes will be on Suzie Bates, who is on the brink of a historic moment in T20I cricket. The experienced batter, already the highest run-scorer in T20Is (male or female) with 4,498 runs from 168 matches, is just 2 runs away from becoming the first player to hit the 4,500 T20I runs milestones. Though her performance in this World Cup has been below her usual standards—scoring 64 runs across three innings with a strike rate of 87.67—Bates has a chance to make history in this crucial match.

Brooke Halliday is 26 runs away from 1000 international runs

New Zealand’s Brooke Halliday is also closing in on a significant achievement. The middle-order batter, who has been a consistent performer for her side, is just 26 runs away from reaching 1,000 international runs. With 661 ODI and 313 T20I runs to her name, Halliday’s contributions, especially her figures of 2 for 16 against Australia, demonstrate her value as both a batter and a bowler.

Also Read:  Match 8 – Fantasy XI Picks for England Women vs South Africa Women

Leigh Kasperek is 4 wickets away from 150 international wickets

Spinner Leigh Kasperek will also be a key player for New Zealand, particularly on the slower surfaces in the United Arab Emirates. The experienced bowler, who has 65 ODI and 81 T20I wickets, is just 4 wickets away from reaching 150 international wickets. Her figures of 2 for 27 in New Zealand’s win over Sri Lanka highlighted her effectiveness, and she will be pivotal in keeping Pakistan’s batting in check.

Historically, New Zealand has dominated this matchup, winning 9 of the 11 matches played against Pakistan. The two teams will face off for the 12th time at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, with the match set to start at 7:30 PM IST.

Vishal Yadav, Founder & CEO at Female Cricket

On a mission to promote women’s cricket around the world! Follow our story:

Yourstory | Feminism in India | CricketGraph

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket