Milestones Approaching during Match 18 between India Women vs Australia Women

Australia will take on India in the 18th match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024, a clash that could play a pivotal role in deciding the top two teams in Group A. Let’s take a closer look at two key Australian players who are approaching significant career landmarks.

Milestones Approaching during Match 18 between India Women vs Australia Women. PC: Getty
Milestones Approaching during Match 18 between India Women vs Australia Women. PC: Getty

Tahlia McGrath is 10 Runs Away from 1000 T20I Runs and is 75 runs away from 2000 international runs

Tahlia McGrath, one of Australia’s most versatile players, made her T20I debut against India in 2021. Since then, she has quickly cemented her place as a key member of the Australian side with her powerful batting and handy bowling contributions. In her relatively short T20I career, McGrath has already made a significant impact. From 48 matches, she has amassed 990 runs at a stunning average of 41.25 and a strike rate of 132.70, with her highest score of 91* coming against arch-rivals England. McGrath now finds herself just 10 runs short of reaching the coveted 1000-run mark in T20Is—a milestone she will be eager to cross in this crucial match against India.

McGrath’s all-round abilities extend beyond her batting prowess. She has also proven to be a reliable bowler, having taken 18 wickets in the format. Her best bowling figures of 3/13 came against Barbados during the Birmingham Commonwealth Games in 2022, underlining her ability to contribute in all facets of the game.

When considering her overall international career, McGrath has featured in 92 matches across formats (6 Tests, 38 ODIs, and 48 T20Is). She has accumulated 1925 runs in total—346 in Tests, 589 in ODIs, and 990 in T20Is—bringing her just 75 runs shy of the 2000 international run mark. In addition to her runs, McGrath has claimed 54 wickets (11 in Tests, 25 in ODIs, and 18 in T20Is), with her best bowling performance being 3/4 in ODIs against England.

Also Read:  Where to watch Warm-up Match 7 – Bangladesh vs Pakistan Women? Live Streaming Details

Megan Schutt is 3 wickets away from 50 wickets at the T20 World Cup

Next on the list is one of Australia’s most experienced and lethal bowlers, Megan Schutt. The 31-year-old pacer has been a cornerstone of Australia’s bowling attack for over a decade, and her T20I record speaks volumes about her skill and consistency. Schutt has played 116 T20I matches for Australia, taking an impressive 144 wickets at an average of 17.09, making her the leading wicket-taker for Australia in the format. Her best bowling figures of 5/15 came against Pakistan, a performance that showcased her ability to turn a game single-handedly.

What sets Schutt apart is her incredible record at the T20 World Cup. Out of her 144 T20I wickets, 47 have come from just 27 World Cup matches, at an outstanding average of 10.91. Her best performance at the marquee event came in the 2020 final, where she took 4/18 against India, playing a key role in Australia’s World Cup victory. Schutt is now just 3 wickets away from becoming the first cricketer—male or female—to reach 50 wickets at the T20 World Cup, a milestone that would further solidify her legacy as one of the game’s greatest bowlers.

In the ongoing T20 World Cup 2024, Schutt has already surpassed South Africa’s Shabnim Ismail, who previously held the record for most wickets in the tournament with 43.

Australia and India have faced each other 34 times in Women’s T20Is, with Australia dominating the rivalry with 25 wins compared to India’s 7. When it comes to the T20 World Cup, the two teams have met six times, with Australia winning four of those encounters and India securing two victories.

Also Read:  Match 10: Australia vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

The Sharjah Cricket Stadium will host this much-awaited contest at 7:30 PM IST.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket