Milestones Approaching during Match 17 between England Women vs Scotland Women

In the seventeenth match of the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2024, England will square off against Scotland, with both teams carrying distinct objectives. England are aiming for a top two finish in Group B, while Scotland are still in search of their first victory in the tournament. Adding intrigue to this clash, several players from both sides are on the brink of personal milestones.

Danielle Wyatt-Hodge. PC: Getty
Danielle Wyatt-Hodge. PC: Getty

Danni Wyatt-Hodge is 52 runs away from 5000 international runs and is 88 runs away from 3000 T20I runs

For England, Danielle Wyatt-Hodge is closing in on an extraordinary achievement. With 4,948 international runs (129 in Tests, 1,907 in ODIs, and 2,912 in T20Is), Wyatt is just 52 runs shy of the prestigious 5,000-run mark across all formats. Moreover, she is on the cusp of becoming the first English woman to score 3,000 T20I runs, needing just 88 more to reach the milestone. With 84 runs from two matches in this World Cup, Wyatt’s form could well carry her to this historic landmark.

Alice Capsey is 43 runs away from 1,000 international runs

Alice Capsey, another rising talent in England’s batting ranks, is also nearing a key personal milestone. She requires just 43 more runs to complete 1,000 international runs (257 in ODIs and 700 in T20Is). Known for her aggressive style, Capsey boasts a strike rate of 119.86 in T20Is, making her a key figure in England’s campaign.

Maia Bouchier is 12 runs away from 1000 international runs

England’s Maia Bouchier is also within touching distance of a major accomplishment. With 988 runs (419 in ODIs and 569 in T20Is) from her 48 international appearances, she is just 12 runs away from reaching 1,000 international runs.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: England v India Women | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Kathryn Bryce is 2 wickets away from 50 T20I wickets

On the Scottish side, the Bryce sisters are chasing personal milestones of their own. Kathryn Bryce, a pivotal all-rounder, needs just two wickets to reach 50 T20I wickets. If she achieves this, she will become only the second Scottish bowler to do so, following Abtaha Maqsood.

Sarah Bryce is 66 runs away from 1500 international runs

Her sister, Sarah Bryce, Scotland’s leading T20I run-scorer, is only 66 runs away from amassing 1,500 international runs across all formats (171 in ODIs, and 1,263 in T20Is), highlighting her vital contributions as a wicketkeeper-batter.

This match will also be historic, as the two teams have never faced each other in a T20I before. The action is set to unfold at the iconic Sharjah Cricket Stadium, with the match beginning at 3:30 PM IST.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket