Match 11 – Fantasy XI Picks for South Africa Women vs Scotland Women

Scotland, still in search of their first win in the Women’s T20 World Cup after losing both of their matches, will take on South Africa, who started their campaign with a win but stumbled in their most recent outing. The two teams will lock horns on the 9th of October 2024, at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium, at 3:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST). Fantasy XI fans confused about player selections? We’ve sorted the best options based on statistics and form—let us help you!

Fantasy Playing XI:

Sarah Bryce, Laura Wolvaardt, Tazmin Brits, Kathryn Bryce, Marizanne Kapp, Chloe Tryon, Suné Luus, Saskia Horley, Nadine de Klerk, Annerie Dercksen, Nonkululeko Mlaba

Keeper-batter:

Sarah Bryce

The 24-year-old keeper-batter has accumulated 1258 runs from 56 T20Is, at an average of 29.25 and a strike rate of 107.33, including 4 half-centuries with the highest score of 67. Sarah rediscovered her form just in time for the tournament, scoring 60* and 24 in the warm-up games and following it up with an unbeaten 49* against Bangladesh in the tournament opener. Given her consistent performances and current form, she is a key pick in your Fantasy XI.

Batters:

Laura Wolvaardt

The 25-year-old opening-batter has amassed 1866 runs from 68 T20I innings, at an average of 36.58 and a strike rate of 114.97, with 12 half-centuries and a century, registering the highest score of 102. Laura’s recent run of form speaks for itself, with scores of 42, 59*, 45, 36, and 11 across her last five T20Is, including two games in this campaign. Her reliability and consistency make her a must-have pick for your Fantasy XI.

Tazmin Brits

The 33-year-old top-order-batter has posted 1455 runs from 56 T20I outings, at an average of 32.33 and a strike rate of 105.81, with 13 half-centuries and the highest score of 81. Tazmin’s consistency has been notable, averaging 37.61 last year with 489 runs from 15 outings, and continuing with 417 runs from 14 T20Is this year, averaging 37.90. Though she’s shown some inconsistency in recent games, she notched up two fifties in her last five T20Is, making her a potentially rewarding pick for the Fantasy XI.

Also Read:  "Dream Come True Moment" - Sajeevan Sajana on her selection for India's T20 World Cup squad

All-rounders:

Kathryn Bryce

The 26-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 45 innings, has tallied 1233 runs at an average of 38.53, and from 46 outings, has claimed 47 wickets at an economy rate of 4.39, with bests of 73* and 4/8. Kathryn from 7 outings this year has scored over 200 runs and struck 10 wickets; however, she hasn’t been very successful in this World Cup campaign so far. Nonetheless, her all-round abilities make her a solid pick in the XI.

Marizanne Kapp

The 34-year-old all-rounder, from 91 T20I outings, has added 1558 runs, including the highest of 75, and from 95 innings, has secured 86 wickets, including the best of 4/6. Leading up to the World Cup, Kapp featured in only one game of the 3-match series against Pakistan and sat out of the warm-up games. However, in the World Cup, she has produced bowling figures of 2/14 and 1/17, while in her only batting innings, she scored 26 runs. The veteran all-rounder has delivered the goods, making her a must-have in your Fantasy XI.

Chloe Tryon

The 30-year-old left-arm spinner, from 83 T20I outings, has accumulated 1192 runs at a strike rate of 136.22, and from 70 innings, has picked up 36 wickets at an economy rate of 6.75, registering bests of 57* and 4/15. Chloe hasn’t scored many runs or picked up many wickets in this campaign thus far, but she should be backed to find success in this game, making her a dependable pick in your Fantasy XI.

Suné Luus

The 28-year-old all-rounder, from 89 T20I outings, has accumulated 1348 runs at a strike rate of 106.89, and from 71 innings, has taken 51 wickets at an economy rate of 6.49, registering bests of 71 and 5/8. Suné hasn’t scored many runs in recent outings and has been economical with the ball, while not taking many wickets. The veteran all-rounder should be backed to find her footing and could emerge as a top pick in the Fantasy XI.

Also Read:  Top 5 - Rising Stars to Watch in the Women’s T20 World Cup 2024

Saskia Horley

The 24-year-old all-rounder, from 15 T20I outings, has tallied 304 runs, averaging 106.29, while also taking 6 wickets from 8 innings, with her bests of 61* and 3/13. Saskia is a highly promising all-rounder and showed early promise in the tournament with a solid 48 runs in the warm-up games and bowling figures of 3/13 in the season opener. It’ll be hoped she steps up her efforts, making her a rewarding pick in the Fantasy XI.

Nadine de Klerk

The 24-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 42 innings, has posted 528 runs at an average of 26.40, and registered the highest score of 44*, while from 47 innings, has claimed 43 wickets at an economy rate of 7.34. Nadine has had a quiet patch of late, especially with the bat. While she hasn’t claimed many wickets, she has been economical with the ball. Her improved all-round efforts could translate to her being a key pick in the Fantasy XI.

Annerie Dercksen

The 23-year-old all-rounder, from 7 T20I outings, has scored 90 runs, including the highest score of 44*, striking at 142.85, and has also struck 3 wickets. Annerie scored a fine 44* in a recent T20I against Pakistan and followed it up with scores of 19 and 21* in the warm-up games. In her most recent outing, she again chipped in by scoring 20* and can be relied upon to deliver cameos. She will be a handy contributor in the Fantasy XI.

Bowlers:

Nonkululeko Mlaba

The 24-year-old left-arm off-spinner, from 52 T20I outings, has picked up 43 wickets, including the best of 4/29, while maintaining an economy rate of 6.30. Building on her recent success, Nonkululeko has produced figures of 4/29 and 1/22 in her two outings in this World Cup campaign. Taking full advantage of the spin-friendly conditions, she has been the pick of bowlers, making her an essential pick for your Fantasy XI.

Loves all things female cricket

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket