Semi-Final 1: India v Australia | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

The first semi-final of the ICC Women’s World T20 2023 will be played between India and Australia on February 23 at Newlands in Cape Town. The game will begin at 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL).

Semi-Final 1: India v Australia | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming 

While India have had three out of four wins in their league stage, Australia have been invincible.

Head-to-Head

India and Australia have played 30 T20Is against each other, out of which Australia have won 22, India have won seven, and one match did not produce a result.

Squads

India: Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Yastika Bhatia, Richa Ghosh, Jemimah Rodrigues, Harleen Deol, Deepti Sharma, Devika Vaidya, Radha Yadav, Renuka Thakur, Anjali Sarvani, Pooja Vastrakar, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Shikha Pandey

Australia: Meg Lanning (c), Alyssa Healy (vc), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Heather Graham, Grace Harris, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

Players to watch

Renuka Singh Thakur:

The right-arm speedster was the lone wicket-taker for India in her last appearance against Ireland, which was a rain-curtailed affair. She opened the bowling and struck in her first over. She accounted for 1/10 in two overs. She has been sensational with the new ball in this World Cup.

Smriti Mandhana: 

The vice-captain of India recorded her best batting figures in T20Is in the last game against Ireland. The left-handed opening batter muscled 87 off 56, including nine boundaries and three sixes. The southpaw powered India to a fighting score of 155 in 20 overs.

Tahlia McGrath:

The star Australian all-rounder won the player of the match award in her last outing against South Africa. She led the run chase from the front with a stellar 57 off 33, batting at number five. She hammered 10 boundaries in her match-winning innings.

Also Read:  Beth Mooney dethrones Meg Lanning to Top ICC's Latest T20I Rankings

Georgia Wareham: 

The wily right-arm leg-spinner of Australia was the most successful bowler in the last fixture against South Africa. She scalped 2/18 in three overs and picked up both wickets in the 12th over. She was very effective in the middle phase of the innings.

Pitch

It will be the tournament’s 10th match at the venue. The teams batting second have won five, and the teams batting first have won four. The wicket seems to be good for batting. With both teams boasting of batting firepower, expect a high-scoring contest.

Weather

The weather is expected to be pleasant, with plenty of sunshine. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 25 degrees Celsius. There will be a zero percent cloud cover and a zero percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the south-southeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Richa Ghosh, Smriti Mandhana, Shafali Verma, Meg Lanning, Tahlia McGrath, Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Deepti Sharma, Renuka Singh Thakur, Georgia Wareham

Match details

Date: February 23, 2023

Time: 6.30 PM IST (3 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Newlands, Cape Town

Live streaming: Star Sports Network

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here