Former Indian cricketer Soniya Dabir positive about India’s Chances at World Cup 2020

Former cricketer Soniya Dabir, who has represented India in 4 women’s one-day international and 13 Twenty20 international matches has joined Female Cricket’s Expert Panel for the upcoming Women’s T20 World Cup 2020.

Soniya Dabir
Soniya Dabir, Female Cricket’s Expert-Panel

With great knowledge and experience, she shares her views, looking forward to the upcoming World Cup. She is hopeful about the Indian Women’s Cricket squad.

Dabir said, “I’m sure that the team is having a lot of positives from the tri-series they played just a few days back.”

“India has an edge over other teams since the highest run-taker and the highest wicket-taker in the Tri-series were from the Indian team.” She added.

Talking about the much-awaited world cup tournament, Dabir added: “The batting department in the team I’m sure will revolve around Smriti Mandhana, Harmanpreet Kaur, Jemimah Rodrigues, and Deepti Sharma.

The ex-cricketer spoke about the team’s skipper: “One thing that I would like to suggest is that Harmanpreet Kaur should bat up the order. She is the kind of player who likes to spend time in the middle before she starts accelerating.”

Deepti Sharma who is doing a fantastic job and has got the ability to bat at any position and bowling those crucial spells.” She further analysed.

Soniya pinpointed wonder girl Shafali Verma, also mentioned Rajeshwari Gayakwad and Deepti Sharma as the youthful energy in the side.

She was all-praises about the talented Poonam Yadav and said, “One bowler who I’d like to see is Poonam Yadav. The variations with which she bowls are exceptionally well. She has got a lot of variations in her line and length which could easily trouble the opponents. She is that bowler in the team to whom Harmanpreet Kaur can throw the ball whenever she needs a wicket,” Dabir added in appreciation.

Also Read:  "It does feel bad not reaching the fifty, but my team’s win is more vital," says Shafali Verma

She concluded by wishing Team India the very best for the matches in the World Cup.

Female Cricket is a digital news portal that aims to spread, share and celebrate the journey of our female cricketers around the world.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

One thought on “Former Indian cricketer Soniya Dabir positive about India’s Chances at World Cup 2020

Liked the story? Leave a comment here