Match 9: Canterbury Magicians v Wellington Blaze | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The ninth match of the Women’s Super Smash will be played between Canterbury Magicians and Wellington Blaze on January 1 at Hagley Oval in Christchurch. The game will begin at 10 AM IST (5.30 PM LOCAL).

Match 9: Canterbury Magicians v Wellington Blaze | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Canterbury Magicians will play their fourth game of the tournament, having won their last three. On the other hand, Wellington Blaze will feature in their third fixture, having won their previous two.

Squads

Canterbury Magicians: Laura Hughes (wk), Kirsty Nation, Allie Mace-Cochrane, Natalie Cox, Abigale Gerken, Emma Kench, Amy Satterthwaite (c), Frances Mackay, Jacinta Savage, Georgia Edge, Lea Tahuhu, Sarah Asmussen, Gabby Sullivan, Melissa Banks, Jessica Simmons, Kate Sims, Jodie Dean, Kristy Havill

Wellington Blaze: Jessica McFadyen (wk), Maddy Green, Rebecca Burns, Georgia Plimmer, Caitlin King, Sophie Devine, Amelia Kerr (c), Thamsyn Newton, Olivia Boivin, Leigh Kasperek, Jess Kerr, Bethany Molony, Xara Jetly, Maneka Singh, Deanna Doughty, Natasha Codyre, Rose Fenton

Players to Watch

Lea Tahuhu: 

The right-arm pace sensation of Canterbury Magicians was the pick of the bowlers in her last outing against Central Hinds. Coming into bowl as the first change, she scalped 17/3 in four overs, including a double strike in the 17th over. She was effective with the new ball and in the death overs.

Kate Anderson: 

The right-handed opening batter of Canterbury Magicians led the run chase from the front in her last game against Central Hinds. She mustered 33 off 41, including three hits to the fence. In the process, she shared a 63-run stand with her opening partner Natalie Cox.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: South Africa vs New Zealand | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Leigh Kasperek: 

The talented all-rounder of Wellington Blaze made useful contributions with bat and ball in the last fixture against Central Hinds. The wily right-arm off-spinner claimed 18/2 in four overs and was the most economical bowler. With the bat, the right-hander was one of the top scorers with 29 off 19, including four boundaries.

Jess Kerr: 

The right-arm speedster of Wellington Blaze was one of the most successful bowlers in her last appearance against Central Hinds. She opened the bowling with Maneka Singh and accounted for 22/3 in four overs. She struck once in her first over and twice in her second over of the spell.

Pitch

It will be the second game of the tournament at the venue. The last match saw 289 runs being scored. Only eight wickets fell in the process. The surface looks good for batting. Another high-scoring contest could be on the cards. However, the cloudy conditions could assist the fast bowlers.

Weather

The weather is expected to be mostly cloudy. It will be breezy in the afternoon. The maximum temperature attained during the day will be 19 degrees Celsius. There will be a 92 percent cloud cover and a one percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the east-northeast.

Fantasy Playing XI

Jessica McFadyen, Laura Hughes, Kate Anderson, Natalie Cox, Maddy Green, Amy Satterthwaite, Leigh Kasperek, Amelia Kerr, Lea Tahuhu, Jess Kerr, Gabby Sullivan

Match details

Date: January 1, 2023

Time: 10 AM IST (5.30 PM LOCAL)

Venue: Hagley Oval, Christchurch

Live streaming: Fan Code

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Match 21: Auckland Hearts v Northern Brave | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here