3rd T20I: Jersey v Guernsey Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

The third and the final T20I of the Brooks Macdonald Women’s Inter-Insular T20I series will be played on June 26 between Jersey and Guernsey at Grainville in Jersey.

The hosts have taken an unassailable lead of 2-0 in the three-match series after beating the visitors by 9 wickets in the first T20I and 69 runs in the second T20I. Both these matches were played on June 25.

3rd T20I: Jersey v Guernsey Women | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI 

Head to Head

Jersey and Guernsey have played three T20Is against each other out of which Jersey have won two and Guernsey have won one.

Squads

Jersey: Rosa Hill (c), Tea Brocklesby, Florrie Copley, Erin Duffy, Chloe Greechan, Charlie Miles, Maria da Rocha, Erin Gouge, Lily Greig, Mia Maguire (wk), Georgia Mallett, Olive Smith, Trinity Smith, Grace Weatherall

Guernsey: Hannah Eulenkamp, Jeanette Savage, Leigh Le Page, Elizabeth Willcocks, Katie Watson, Francesca Bulpitt, Rebecca Hubbard, Lucy Le Page, Carrie Eddie, Philippa Stahelin, Claire Jennings

Players to watch out for

Lily Greig:

The left handed top order batter from Jersey top scored with 23 runs from 30 balls in her last match against Guernsey. She smashed a couple of boundaries in her innings. She held the team’s batting together with her steady knock.

Rosa Hill:

The right arm medium pace bowler from Jersey was the pick of the bowlers in her last outing against Guernsey. She scalped 9/2 in two overs. She bowled well in the middle phase of the innings.

Emily Merrien:

The right arm speedster was the most successful bowler for Guernsey in her last outing against Jersey. She claimed 13/2 in four overs including one maiden. She bowled well inside the powerplay and in the middle overs.

Also Read:  France to host Austria, Jersey and Spain for a T20I Quadrangular Series

Rebecca Hubbard:

The all-rounder from Guernsey made useful contributions with both bat and ball in her last encounter against Jersey. She scored 15 runs off 23 balls and picked up 14/1 in two overs.

Pitch

This will be the third match of the tournament at this venue. So far the wicket has looked good for batting with some assistance for the bowlers. The average first innings score in this competition has been 108 and the average second innings score has been 69. Expect an exciting contest between bat and ball in this last and final match of the series.

Weather

The weather is expected to be partly cloudy. The average temperature will be around 19 degrees Celsius. There is just 14 percent chance of rain with 66 percent humidity. The wind will blow from the southwest. 

Fantasy Playing XI

Mia Maguire, Flo Copley, Trinity Smith, Lily Greig, Philippa Stahelin, Rebecca Hubbard, Analise Merritt, Georgia Mallet, Claire Jennings, Rosa Hill, Emily Merrien 

Match details

Date: June 26, 2022

Time: 3.30pm IST

Venue: Grainville

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here