Match 25 – Australia vs Bangladesh Women | Squad | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The 25th match of the 12th edition of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup will be played between Australia and Bangladesh on March 25 at basin Reserve in Wellington. While Australia have won all their six matches in this World Cup so far, Bangladesh have won one out of their five matches in the tournament to date.

Match 25 – Australia vs Bangladesh Women | Squad | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Match preview

Head to Head

Australia and Bangladesh have not played a single ODI against each other. They have played just the one T20I against each other, which Australia have won.

Squads

Australia: Meg Lanning (captain), Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Ashleigh Gardner, Grace Harris, Rachael Haynes, Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Tahlia McGrath, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Amanda-Jade Wellington

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (Captain), Salma Khatun, Rumana Ahmed, Fargana Hoque, Jahanara Alam, Shamima Sultana, Fahima Khatun, Ritu Moni, Murshida Khatun, Nahida Akter, Sharmin Akhter, Lata Mondal, Sobhana Mostary, Fariha Trisna, Suraiya Azmim, Shanjida Akther Maghla

Players to watch out for

Meg Lanning:

Player Profile of Meg Lanning in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Meg Lanning in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

The captain of Australia won the player of the match in her last outing against South Africa when she scored an unbeaten 135 off 130 balls to lead the run chase and help her team win by five wickets.

Tahlia McGrath:

Player Profile of Tahlia Mcgrath in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Tahlia Mcgrath in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

The Australian all-rounder stitched a match winning partnership of 93 runs for the fourth wicket with captain Meg Lanning to seal the deal for Australia against South Africa in the last match. Apart from her batting, she can contribute with the ball, bowling right arm seam.

Also Read:  Australian Women's Team Record 100th Win against NZ, Creates World Record

Salma Khatun:

Player Profile of Salma Khatun in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Salma Khatun in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

She top scored with 32 runs against India in her last outing. With the ball, the right arm off spinner opened the bowling and bowled eight overs conceding just 23 runs. She bowled one maiden over too.

Ritu Moni:

Player Profile of Ritu Moni in Women's Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com
Player Profile of Ritu Moni in Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022. PC: FemaleCricket.com

The right arm medium pace bowler was the pick of the bowlers for Bangladesh in her last match against India. She scalped 3-37 in her 10 overs, including two maidens. She picked up the key wickets of Shafali Verma, Mithali Raj and Yastika Bhatia.

Pitch

This will be the fifth match of the 2022 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup that will be played here. Teams batting first have won one match, while the teams batting second have won two matches here. The last match that was played here was washed out after getting in 10.5 overs. The average first innings score is 224 and the average second innings score is 177. Despite the relatively lower average scores, the wicket is good for batting. Seam bowlers have enjoyed bowling here.

Weather

The weather is expected to be windy and cloudy. There will be rain on and off in the morning. The average temperature will be around 16 degrees Celsius, with 60 percent chance of precipitation and 100 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the south.

Fantasy playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Nigar Sultana, Meg Lanning, Rachael Haynes, Fargana Hoque, Ellyse Perry, Ashleigh Gardner, Ritu Moni, Alana King, Salma Khatun, Jess Jonassen

Match Details

Date: March 25, 2022

Also Read:  Australia dominates women's cricket in 2019 - Stats of Women’s ODI

Time: 3.30am IST

Venue: Basin Reserve, Wellington

Live streaming: Star Sports, Disney + Hotstar

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here