It’s pretty painful losing three games in a row : Heather Knight

Heather Knight, the England captain has gone through a lot in the first 3 matches as England lost all of them and is on the verge of getting eliminated from the tournament. The England captain leading into this game has a tall task to take her team to the semi-final which is only possible if England can win the rest of the 4 matches against India, New Zealand, Bangladesh, and Pakistan.

Heather Knight in the Post Match presentation ceremony. PC: ICC/ Getty Images
Heather Knight in the Post Match presentation ceremony. PC: ICC/ Getty Images

Speaking to Sky Sports about the heartbreak in the first last match against South Africa, Knight said, “It’s pretty painful losing three games in a row and I guess at times we shot ourselves in the foot with our fielding.”

While reflecting about dropping Laura Wolvaardt’s catch which ended up in her scoring a magnificent 77, Knight felt that you can’t give chances to players like Wolvaardt as she will make you pay.

When asked about the approach going against India on Wednesday, the England captain said, “We are going to go for the win and win it well with big margins. We have to turn around as quickly as possible.”

Talking about the dressing room atmosphere, Knight mentioned that there are some sad faces and we have to get everybody up and ready for the fight. We know we have to win all 4 matches. We will back ourselves and we believe in ourselves.

England will take on team India on Wednesday at Mount Maunganui. Team India has won 2 and lost one in their 3 matches so far.

In the previous outing, the famous Finale of Women’s World Cup 2017, England went on to defeat team India by 9 Runs in a nail-biting thriller in front of a packed Lords Stadium. That loss did haunt India for several months and years. England, ironically, is in a do-or-die state where they cannot afford to lose tomorrow’s match. Can India avenge the Final loss or will England make a comeback in the tournament?

Also Read:  Match 17 : Hobart Hurricanes vs Sydney Thunder | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Tune in tomorrow at 6.30 AM IST.

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here