Video: Deandra Dottin takes a Stunning One Handed Catch

Deandra Dottin has had an excellent start to the World Cup. She had a fiery start in the first match against New Zealand as she looked aggressive with the bat and defended 6 runs in the last over by conceding just 2 runs and taking 2 wickets with a run out resulting in Windies winning the match against the hosts.

Deandra Dottin takes a Stunning One Handed Catch. PC: Disney+Hotstar / Screenshot
Deandra Dottin takes a Stunning One-Handed Catch. PC: Disney+Hotstar / Screenshot

In the 2nd game, she looked good with the bat as she scored 31 runs with 2 boundaries and a maximum stitching an excellent 81 run opening partnership with Hayley Matthews which is the highest for the opening partnership for West Indies in the World Cup history. Later in the match, while fielding, she took a phenomenal catch dismissing Lauren Winfield Hill for 12 keeping West Indies in a winning situation.

England were steady with start playing cautiously scoring at a run rate of 3 runs per over. When the score was 31, right-arm fast bowler Shamilia Connell came to bowl her 5th over of her spell. In the first ball, Hill tried to score a boundary by cutting through the point region. Deandra Dottin who was in the point region jumped to her left a caught a sensation one-handed catch with her left hand breaking the 31 run opening partnership for England.

Watch Video here

The social media world were awestruck by the magnificent catch reacting in the craziest of fashion. Here are a few astonishing reactions on the Twitter.

Dhanush Lavanya

I’m a Content Writer, Podcaster and Presenter. I’ve written 100+ articles across various sports and produced 50+ Podcast episodes. You can find my podcast “The Off Stump” on Spotify.

Also Read:  Nida Dar and Anam Amin restrict West Indies to just 90 Runs in Rain-Curtailed ODI
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here