Match 5 – New Zealand vs Bangladesh Women | Squad | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The fifth match of the 12th edition of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup will be played between New Zealand and Bangladesh on March 7 at University Oval in Dunedin. Both the teams have lost their opening games. While New Zealand lost to West Indies by three runs, Bangladesh were beaten by South Africa by 32 runs.

Match 5 – New Zealand vs Bangladesh Women | Squad | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

Match preview

Head to Head

New Zealand and Bangladesh have never played against each other in the women’s ODI format. However they have played just the one T20I against each other, which New Zealand won.

Squads

New Zealand: Sophie Devine (captain), Amy Satterthwaite (vice-captain), Suzie Bates, Lauren Down, Maddy Green, Brooke Halliday, Hayley Jensen, Fran Jonas, Jess Kerr, Amelia Kerr, Frances Mackay, Rosemary Mair, Katey Martin, Hannah Rowe, Lea Tahuhu

Bangladesh: Nigar Sultana (Captain), Salma Khatun, Rumana Ahmed, Fargana Hoque, Jahanara Alam, Shamima Sultana, Fahima Khatun, Ritu Moni, Murshida Khatun, Nahida Akter, Sharmin Akhter, Lata Mondal, Sobhana Mostary, Fariha Trisna, Suraiya Azmim, Shanjida Akther Maghla

Players to watch out for

Sophie Devine:

The captain of New Zealand muscled a blistering century in the World Cup opener against West Indies. She led the run chase from the front with her power-packed batting. Apart from her prolific batting, she is more than a handy right arm quick.

Lea Tahuhu:

New Zealand’s opening bowler was the pick of the bowlers in the last encounter against West Indies. The right arm speedster struck with 3-57 in her nine overs. She was consistent with her lines and lengths, which yielded rich dividends.

Also Read:  Bismah Maroof and Aliya Riaz's 99 Run Partnership help Pakistan reach 190 vs Australia

Sharmin Akhter:

The right handed opening batter of Bangladesh top scored with 34 runs off 77 balls against South Africa in her last match. She stitched a 69-run opening partnership with Shamima Sultana to lay a solid foundation for the run chase.

Fariha Trisna:

Playing just her second ODI for Bangladesh, she was phenomenal in her last outing against South Africa. The left arm seamer picked up 3-35 in her 10 overs. She opened the bowling with Jahanara Alam and bowled well with the new ball. She got some in-swing into the right handers which made it difficult for the batters to score off her.

Pitch

The last match that was played here, which was a part of the ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup, saw less than 400 runs being scored. Both the playing teams were bowled out, with speedsters dominating the wickets’ column. It will not be that easy to bat and with expectations of rain and cloudy conditions, the bowlers may get more assistance.

Weather

The weather is expected to be cloudy and cool. There could be a brief shower or two in the morning. The average temperature will be around 13 degrees Celsius, with 63 percent chance of precipitation and 97 percent cloud cover. The wind will blow from the east.

Fantasy playing XI

Katey Martin, Sharmin Akhter, Amy Satterthwaite, Suzie Bates, Sophie Devine, Rumana Ahmed, Lea Tahuhu, Amelia Kerr, Jess Kerr, Fariha Trisna, Jahanara Alam

Match Details

Date: March 7, 2022

Time: 3.30am IST

Venue: University Oval, Dunedin

Live streaming: Star Sports, Disney + Hotstar

Also Read:  New Zealand Women's squad for home-series against Bangladesh announced

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates around Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here