From Kia Super League to Women’s Big Bash League: Trevor Griffin named Sydney Thunder head coach

Head coach of Western Storm, the most successful team of the Kia Super League; Trevor Griffin has been named the head coach of Sydney Thunder for the upcoming Women’s Big Bash League in Australia.

Trevor Griffin Head Coach for Sydney Thunders
Trevor Griffin Head Coach for Sydney Thunders. Pic Credits

Griffin who was the head coach of Western Storm in the Kia Super League has led the team to finals four times, which also equals the number of years he has coached the team. Since 2016 the team has qualified for the finals in all the seasons and has lifted the trophy twice, 2017 and 2019. This by far has been the most successful stint in that league by any team.

Now that Griffin is all set to make his debut for the Sydney Thunder as head coach he reminisces what made his Western Storm journey so beautiful and fruitful “I think the success that I’ve had in the Kia Super League with the Western Storm has been primarily due to the environment that we’ve built which is very much like a family, just like Sydney Thunder, and I think that’s something that’s going to put me in a good position to support the team,” as quoted by Timesnownews.com

“I loved my time working with Sydney Thunder as an assistant coach last season and being part of the Thunder Nation, and I’m really looking forward to working with the players again this season,” he added.

The bar of expectations has surely risen now that Trevor Griffin has taken up the position of head coach for Sydney Thunder.

Vishal Yadav, Founder & CEO at Female Cricket

On a mission to promote women’s cricket around the world! Follow our story:

Also Read:  Preview: 34th Match- Brisbane Heat v/s Sydney Thunder, Squads, Head-to-Head, Pitch, Probable Playing XI, Weather Report, Game Prediction, Fantasy Players

Yourstory | Feminism in India | CricketGraph

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here