WBBL05: Sydney Thunder Signs the Young Sensational all-rounder Kate Peterson

Pic Credits

The 16-year-old becomes the second graduate of the Thunder WBBL Academy, alongside Hannah Darlington. Her excellent stint while representing the Cricket Australia XI at the Under 18 National Championships and her performance in her first season of NSW Women’s Premier Cricket was a few major reasons behind the Thunders’ signing her.

The young prodigy knows what opportunities this platform can get her and she’s nothing but overwhelmed which can be seen in this statement of hers given to the Cricket Network “It’s very exciting. It’s a really good opportunity to play with the big guns that I grew up idolizing. To now play alongside them is going to be really cool. I think their experience is something I can learn from and help me grow my game.”

The experienced members in the squad also know what a class player Peterson is and hence they all know she’s only going to add value to the team.

Stalenberg has been recorded stating “She’s a really talented cricketer, a hard worker and is really willing to learn. I think she’s going to be a really good role model for young girls coming through, she’s quite young but she’s already shown what sort of person and player she wants to be.”

Loves all things female cricket

Also Read:  Everything you need to know about Women's Big Bash League 2019 | WBBL05
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here