Wan Julia registers Malaysia’s first half-century in the Women’s Asia Cup

During the 3rd match of the ongoing ACC Women’s Asia Cup 2024 between Thailand and Malaysia, wicketkeeper batter Wan Julia became Malaysia’s first half-centurion in the Women’s Asia Cup.

Wan Julia registers Malaysia’s first half-century in the Women's Asia Cup. PC: Malaysia Cricket Team
Wan Julia registers Malaysia’s first half-century in the Women’s Asia Cup. PC: Malaysia Women’s Cricket Team

This ninth edition of the tournament is taking place from July 19 to July 28, 2024, in Sri Lanka. It features eight teams, with all matches played as T20Is in preparation for the upcoming T20 World Cup. The tournament format includes a group round-robin stage followed by knockouts.

Chasing 134, Malaysian opener Wan Julia scored her maiden T20I fifty, making 52 runs, thus registering Malaysia’s first half-century in the Women’s Asia Cup. Malaysia has featured in 12 matches in the Women’s Asia Cup.

To place your bets and earn real money, click on the image below and sign up now:

Wan Julia made her international debut for Malaysia on June 4, 2018, in the T20I format against Sri Lanka during the Women’s Twenty20 Asia Cup in Kuala Lumpur. In her 67 T20I appearances, she has accumulated 831 runs and has made 34 dismissals, equal no, of caught behind and stumpings.

The right-handed opener took her time initially before taking on the Thailand bowlers, surpassing her previous highest T20I score of 47. Though her effort was in a losing cause, her innings kept Malaysia in the chase, but she didn’t receive enough support from the other batters. She smashed six boundaries in her innings. Wan Julia was run out in the 18th over, which effectively ended Malaysia’s chances of winning the match. The team eventually lost by 22 runs to Thailand.

Also Read:  Where to watch Match 7: Sri Lanka vs Malaysia Women in Women’s Asia Cup 2024? Live Streaming Details
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here