“That’s None of My Business” Harmanpreet Kaur reacts to an amusing question by Reporter

India skipper Harmanpreet Kaur found herself in an unexpected spotlight during a press conference ahead of the 2024 Asia Cup, when she was posed with a rather unusual question about the support and media coverage for women’s cricket. The question, delivered by a reporter, cantered on the alleged lack of media presence during India’s recent tour of Bangladesh, prompting Harmanpreet’s candid response.

"That's None of My Business"  Harmanpreet Kaur reacts to an amusing question by Reporter
“That’s None of My Business” Harmanpreet Kaur reacts to an amusing question by Reporter

With a smile on her face, Harmanpreet addressed the question by stating, “Well, that’s none of my business. You guys have to come and cover us.” Her straightforward yet light-hearted reply not only showcased her wit but also underlined the need for media attention and support towards women’s cricket, a sentiment shared by many in the sporting community.

The incident, which drew amused reactions even from Sri Lanka women’s team skipper Chamari Athapaththu couldn’t stop laughing at the question, highlighted broader discussions surrounding the visibility and recognition of women’s cricket in the media landscape.

Looking ahead to the Asia Cup, where India is set to defend their title, Harmanpreet expressed her team’s readiness. She emphasized the significance of every match in the tournament, emphasizing that each game provides an opportunity for the team to showcase their skills and continue their legacy of success in regional and global competitions.

“This tournament is very important for all of us because we give equal respect to it and aim to elevate our game at both the Asian and global levels,” Harmanpreet remarked during the pre-match conference.

Her words emphasized the team’s focus not only on immediate challenges but also on long-term aspirations, including preparations for the upcoming T20 World Cup.

Also Read:  Girls need to have a lot more patience in Test cricket : says WV Raman

As defending champions, India enters the Asia Cup with confidence, eager to maintain their winning momentum and secure another title. Harmanpreet outlined the team’s approach, emphasizing consistency and a commitment to playing quality cricket against formidable opponents like Pakistan, whom they will face in their opening match.

“The challenge will be to stick to our strengths, maintain our standards, and approach each match with the same intensity and determination,” Harmanpreet added, highlighting the team’s strategy to dominate and enjoy their cricket throughout the tournament.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here