Preview: 3rd T20I – Australia vs England Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

The second T20I of the Women’s Ashes between Australia and England was abandoned after it started pouring in Adelaide. Only 4.1 overs were bowled in the rain-curtailed match of 14 overs a side. England batting first scored 25 runs in that period. The match did not yield any result, so the teams will share one point each. Australia leads the Women’s Ashes with three points to England’s one point.

2nd T20I was washed out due to rain. PC: AusWomenCricket / Twitter
2nd T20I was washed out due to rain. PC: AusWomenCricket / Twitter

Match Preview

Squads

Australia: Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Hannah Darlington, Ashleigh Gardner, Rachael Haynes (VC), Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Meg Lanning (C), Tahlia McGrath, Grace Harris, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Tayla Vlaeminck

England: Heather Knight (c), Tammy Beaumont, Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Natasha Farrant, Sarah Glenn, Amy Ellen Jones, Natalie Sciver, Anya Shrubsole, Mady Villiers, Lauren Winfield Hill, Danielle Wyatt, Charlotte Dean

Players to watch out for

Meg Lanning:

Meg Lanning. Pic Credits
Meg Lanning. Pic Credits

The skipper of Australia is in good form which was evident from her classic innings of 64 not out off just 44 balls in the first T20I. In the absence of Beth Mooney, she opened the batting and led Australia from the front. During her stellar knock, she reached a milestone, becoming the first Australian and third woman overall to muster 3000+runs in WT20Is.

Tahlia McGrath:

Tahlia McGrath scored 9 Runs, Took 3 Wickets to help Australia record a run-chase victory. PC: AusWomenCricket / Twitter
Tahlia McGrath scored 9 Runs, Took 3 Wickets to help Australia record a run-chase victory. PC: AusWomenCricket / Twitter

This Australia all-rounder had a phenomenal outing in the first T20I as she contributed with both bat and ball. The right arm seamer was the pick of the bowlers for Australia as she accounted for 3-26 in her four overs. With the bat, she plundered an unbeaten 91 off just 49 balls to guide her team to a comfortable nine-wicket win.

Also Read:  86,174 fans turn up at MCG to witness final - biggest crowd ever to witness a women's cricket match

Danielle Wyatt:

Danielle Wyatt. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Danielle Wyatt. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

She was the highest run getter for England in the first T20I with 70 runs off 54 balls. In the second T20I too she looked good. The right handed opening batter’s form will be important for England as they will want her to give them a solid start.

Natalie Sciver:

Natalie Sciver - England Women's Cricket Team
Natalie Sciver – England Women’s Cricket Team

She is a star all-rounder of England. Her abilities to contribute with both bat and ball are incredible. She was looking good in the first T20I, and England will want her to go all guns blazing in this Women’s Ashes.

Pitch

The wicket will be moist and damp given that it rained in Adelaide during the second T20I. With a high probability of rain hampering the third T20I, it is likely that there will either be a rain-curtailed match or a complete washout. If the weather improves at Adelaide, still the captain winning the toss would like to bowl first, which could give the team an advantage if DRS is to be employed.

Weather

The weather does not look good for cricket. It is expected to rain all through the course of the match. There is around an 80% chance of precipitation. The average temperature will be around 25 degrees Celsius. The wind will blow from the north-east.

Fantasy playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Danielle Wyatt, Meg Lanning, Tammy Beaumont, Tahlia McGrath, Ashleigh Gardner, Charlotte Dean, Natalie Sciver, Alana King, Megan Schutt, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: January 23, 2022

Time: 8.40am IST

Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

Live streaming: Sony LIV

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Also Read:  Preview: 2nd ODI Ashes - Australia vs England Women | Fantasy XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here