Preview: 2nd T20I – Australia vs England Women | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Live Streaming

After beating England comfortably in the first T20I, Australia have pocketed two points in this Women’s Ashes. The second T20I between Australia and England will be played on January 22 at the Adelaide Oval, Adelaide.

Tahlia McGrath and Meg Lanning's partnership help AUS demolish England by 9 Wicket. PC: Twitter
Tahlia McGrath and Meg Lanning’s partnership help AUS demolish England by 9 Wicket. PC: Twitter

Match Preview

Squads

Australia: Darcie Brown, Nicola Carey, Hannah Darlington, Ashleigh Gardner, Rachael Haynes (VC), Alyssa Healy, Jess Jonassen, Alana King, Meg Lanning (C), Tahlia McGrath, Grace Harris, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Tayla Vlaeminck

England: Heather Knight (c), Tammy Beaumont, Maia Bouchier, Katherine Brunt, Kate Cross, Freya Davies, Sophia Dunkley, Sophie Ecclestone, Natasha Farrant, Sarah Glenn, Amy Ellen Jones, Natalie Sciver, Anya Shrubsole, Mady Villiers, Lauren Winfield Hill, Danielle Wyatt, Charlotte Dean

Players to watch out for

Meg Lanning:

Meg Lanning - T20 World Cup 2020
Meg Lanning – T20 World Cup 2020

The skipper of Australia entered the record books in the first T20I when she became the first Australian woman to score 3000+ runs in WT20Is. The right handed batter opened the batting with Alyssa Healy and muscled 64 not out off 44 balls, including eight boundaries.

Tahlia McGrath:

Tahlia McGrath scored 9 Runs, Took 3 Wickets to help Australia record a run-chase victory. PC: AusWomenCricket / Twitter
Tahlia McGrath scored 9 Runs, Took 3 Wickets to help Australia record a run-chase victory. PC: AusWomenCricket / Twitter

Australia may have found a perfect all-rounder in Tahlia McGrath, after her stellar performances with both bat and ball in the last T20I. The right arm seamer picked up 3-26 off her four overs and was the most successful bowler in the match. With the bat, coming in at number three, she smashed an unbeaten 91 off just 49 balls, including 13 boundaries and a six.

Danielle Wyatt:

Danielle Wyatt scored a Half-Century in 1st T20I against Australia. PC: Getty Images
Danielle Wyatt scored a Half-Century in 1st T20I against Australia. PC: Getty Images

The right handed opening batter from England was the top performer with the bat in the first T20I. She hammered 70 runs off 54 balls, including half a dozen boundaries. She stitched an 82-run opening partnership with Tammy Beaumont, which provided a solid foundation to England, batting first.

Also Read:  Problem of Plenty for Australia’s Selectors ahead of Women's Ashes 2021-22

Natalie Sciver:

Natalie Sciver. Women's T20 World Cup 2020
Natalie Sciver. Women’s T20 World Cup 2020

The star all-rounder showed glimpses of what she can do in the first T20I. Though she went wicketless with the ball, she made useful contributions with the bat, mustering 32 runs off 23 balls, including four boundaries. England will want their star all-rounder to fire on all cylinders in this Women’s Ashes.

Pitch

More than 300 runs were scored in the last WT20I that was played here. The upcoming match is also likely to be a high scoring affair. Bowlers have had a tough time bowling, however, if they attack the stumps, they have high chances of yielding results.

Weather

The weather does not look too good. Light rains are expected through the course of the match. There is around a 70% chance of precipitation. The average temperature will be around 25 degrees Celsius. The wind will blow from the north-northeast.

Fantasy playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Danielle Wyatt, Meg Lanning, Tammy Beaumont, Tahlia McGrath, Ashleigh Gardner, Heather Knight, Natalie Sciver, Alana King, Tayla Vlaeminck, Sophie Ecclestone

Match details

Date: January 22, 2022

Time: 8.40am IST

Venue: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide

Live streaming: Sony LIV

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here