20th June 2018 – This day has made it to the record books of Women’s T-20 cricket. Infact, it’s been one of the rarest of the rare days when records made earlier in the day were broken on the same day later on.
Yes, friends… The first two matches of the T-20 Tri-series between England, South Africa and New Zealand Women being played in England will be best known as “Record-breaker” matches in Women’s T-20 history.
It was probably one of the toughest days for South Africa Women (especially for their bowlers) as they were hammered all around the ground in Taunton; first by the White Ferns and then by the English batters.
Following is the list of all the batting records collectively made by NZ Women and England Women on 20th day of June 2018 :-
Match 1 :- New Zealand Women Vs South Africa Women
1. Highest team total in Women’s T-20 internationals by the White Ferns – 216/1 in their allotted 20 overs
2. Highest 1st wicket partnership stand in Women’s T-20 between Suzie Bates and Sophie Devine of 182 runs
3. Most career runs in Women’s T-20 internationals by New Zealand skipper Suzie Bates – 2662 runs in 98 matches
4. Joint 2nd highest individual T-20 score in a match – Suzie Bates (124 runs)
5. Most runs on a single ground (Cooper Associates County Ground, Taunton) by Suzie Bates from 2007 to 2018 – 366 runs in Women’s T-20s
6. Suzie Bates’s knock of 124 not out is the 2nd highest runs inning by a captain
7. Suzie Bates has made fifties and over on 18 occasions, which is the 2nd highest number of times a player made fifties and over in Women’s T-20 internationals
Match 2 :- England Women Vs South Africa Women
1. The highest team total record by the New Zealand team stayed for just a few hours as the South African bowling attack was demolished for the second time in a single day. English team made a new record of team total in T-20s by posting 250/3, batting first on the same ground
2. TT Beaumont made 47 ball hundred which is the 2nd fastest in Women’s T-20
3. Sarah Taylor 3rd highest number of fifties and over score (15) in T-20s
Also, 379 runs made in 2nd match between England and South Africa is the 2nd highest match aggregate and 366 runs in the 1st match between New Zealand and South Africa is the 3rd highest match aggregate in Women’s T-20 internationals.
What a day it had been in the Women’s cricket history!!! Hope to see more such days coming up in the future.
‘Gully’ cricket player and close observer of Indian Cricket team and it’s matches. Straight forward and still socially admirable personality. Strong belief in teamwork and possess high leadership skills.