2nd T20I – Windies women seal T20I series with Super Over win over Pakistan

It was the day to be cherished if you are a true cricket fan. The 2nd T20I between Windies women and Pakistan women went down to the wire and eventually the winner was decided in the super over. And it was again the dependable Dottin who ensured that her side won the super over.

2nd T20I - Windies women seal T20I series with Super Over win over Pakistan

Having opting to bat, Pakistan batters had a good day as compared to the first match where they couldn’t complete their full quota of 20 overs. They had a setback in the first over itself as Omaima Sohail departed without troubling the scorers. Then the task of rebuilding the innings was on two of the experienced players Javeria Khan and Bismah Maroof. They both played very well and stitched a partnership of 59 runs. In the 11th over, Bismah Maroof got stumped by Afy Fletcher for 31 and in the very next over Javeria Khan too got out for 26 to Dottin. Nida Dar and Iram Javed steadied the ship until the latter got out in the 16th over for 18 off 17 balls looking to accelerate. Aliya Riaz came in at 6 and scored a quick fire 23 of just 13 balls including 3 fours to take the total to 132 in 20 overs. Nida Dar remained unbeaten on 25(24).

With a tricky total to chase, the Windies openers Dottin and Knight were on song with Dottin taking the charge and scoring 22(24) with 5 boundaries. Finally she was dismissed in the 6th over with 30 runs on the board. Coming in at 3, Shermaine Campbelle along with Knight kept the scoreboard ticking. They both put up a half century stand between them. In the 15th over, Knight was dismissed for 32(30) and the momentum shifted to the Pakistani camp. They went from 82 for 1 at the start of the 15th over to 120 for 5 when the final over started. Needing 13 runs of the last over, the task of defending these was handed to left-arm orthodox bowler Nashra Sandhu. Chinelle Henry got seven off the first two balls from Nashra Sandhu with a four and a three, and Merissa Aguilleira added two more off the third. But Sandhu hit back by getting Aguilleira stumped off the fourth ball, and only three more runs were gathered from the last two balls, ending the game with honours even. Nashra Sandhu did a fantastic job to push the game to the super over.

Also Read:  Why was Pakistan Women's tour of Zimbabwe called off ?

On to the super over, Dottin and Nation opened the batting for the visitors and the most experienced bowler Sana Mir was going to bowl the super over. Dottin faced each and every ball of the over and went four, dot, dot, six, six and two, totalling 18. With 19 needed to level the series, Aliya Riaz and Nida Dar came out to bat for the hosts and the ball was given to Shakera Selman who was the the most economical bowler in the contest so far. On the very first ball of the chase, Selman knocked Aliya. Iram Javed came next and took a single of the next ball. On the third delivery, Nida Dar got out, caught by Dottin handing out the series to the Windies team. Windies women won the super over by 17 runs and eventually taking an unassailable lead in the series. Shermaine Campbelle was awarded the player of the match for her 41 off 44 balls comprising of 4 fours and a maximum.

The Windies women will be looking to test their bench strength in the final T20I whereas Pakistan women will be looking for a consolation win and bringing the smile back to their home supporters.

Brief Scores:-

PAKW- 132/4 in 20 overs

Bismah Maroof 31(34), Javeria Khan 26(28); Deandra Dottin 2-26, Shakera Selman 1-18 ) tied with WIW- 132/6 in 20 overs

Shermaine Campbelle 41(44), Kycia Knight 32(30); Anam Amin 2-24, Aiman Anwer 1-22)

Windies women won the super over by 17 runs.

Also Read : 1st T20I – West Indies Women and Deandra Dottin spoil Pakistan Women’s 100th T20I party

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here