Sri Lanka announces squad for the upcoming T20I series against the West Indies

The Sri Lanka women’s team led by skipper Chamari Athapaththu is currently hosting the West Indies led by skipper Hayley Matthews for a white-ball series that includes a three-match ODI series followed by a three-match T20I series. The series commenced on 15th June 2024.

The Chamari Athapaththu-led side completed a thrashing white-wash in the ODI series after 21 years, and defeated the West Indies in the ODI series after 16 years. The 18-year-old Sri Lankan opening batter Vishmi Gunaratne was the leading run-scorer of the ODI series with 134 runs at a strike rate of 83.22 and an impressive average of 44.66 to her name in three innings. Her tally of runs included one half-century. She was awarded the Player of the Series for her sensational performances with the bat throughout the series.

The caravan now moves onto the three-match T20I series. The T20I series will commence on 24th June 2024 and will conclude on 28th June 2024. The home side, Sri Lanka have announced the squad for the upcoming three-match T20I series against the West Indies.

Sri Lanka Squad for the upcoming T20I series

Chamari Athapaththu ©, Vishmi Gunaratne, Harshitha Samarawickrama, Hasini Perera, Nilakshika Silva, Kavisha Dilhari, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Inoshi Priyadharshani Fernando, Sugandika Kumari, Ama Kanchana, Rashmika Sewwandi, Imesha Dulani, Shashini Gimhani, Kawya Kavindi, Sachini Nisansala, and Kaushini Nuthyangana.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: Sri Lanka vs West Indies | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Germany Women’s National Cricket Team Belgium Women’s National Cricket Team France Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket