Alyssa Healy set to play 250th International Match

Australian stalwart is now all set to make history as she is set to become the third Aussie Women’s player to complete 250 games in the iconic Green and Gold kit. Only Ellyse Perry (288) and Alex Blackwell(251) have more appearances for the Aussies than Healy.

Alyssa Healy. PC: Getty Images
Alyssa Healy. PC: Getty Images

Alyssa Healy has 249 internationals to her name with the first one of it being dating back in 2010. Alyssa was earlier set to make her 250th appearance against Ireland in July, but a fractured finger prevented her from achieving so. Due to injury, she missed the 3rd and the last ODI against the Irish side.

In 249 appearances, Healy has racked up a whopping 5524 runs across formats at an average of 28.62. Healy also has a total of 114 dismissals to her name as a wicket-keeper or as a fielder, with 112 of those coming from behind the stumps.

Healy has notched up a total of 6 international centuries, 5 of those coming in the 50-overs format. She also has a total of 31 half-centuries to her name.

Speaking ahead of her 250th match, Healy said, “I hate milestone games. They’ve never gone very well for me, so hence why I’ve been trying to keep it on the down low. Every time it gets mentioned (number of matches played) I just feel older and older. I mean, that’s not even domestic games in there, that’s just for Australia. “I’m really lucky to have played 249 of them and fortunately, I still feel like I’ve still got a little bit to give.”

Fortunately for Healy, she will be making her 250th appearance at her home ground in North Sydney in front of her beloved people.

Also Read:  Watch Video: What all Drama Happened on Day 4 of Women's Ashes 2022 Test?

She was also asked about her fate as she will be making her 250th appearance in Sydney rather than Ireland back in July, to which she replied, “I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. And maybe that little knock to the finger was exactly what I needed a) to come home and have a rest but b) also to get the opportunity to pass a milestone at home.”

Healy will be captaining her national side when she makes her record appearance against West Indies in the first of three T20Is which will be played on 1st October (Sunday). The Australian side will play a total of 6 matches (3 T20Is and 3 ODIs) against the visitors.

Australia’s squad for the West Indies series:

Alyssa Healy (C, WK), Tahlia McGrath (VC), Darcie Brown, Ashleigh Gardner, Kim Garth, Jess Jonassen, Alana King (ODIs only), Grace Harris (T20Is only), Phoebe Litchfield, Beth Mooney, Ellyse Perry, Megan Schutt, Annabel Sutherland, Georgia Wareham

(Quotes sourced from cricket.com.au)

Loves all things female cricket

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here