Jhulan Goswami and Chamari Athapaththu shares heartfelt moment before WCPL match

Before the start of the second match between the Trinbago Knight Riders and the Barbados Royals in the 2024 Women’s Caribbean Premier League, Jhulan Goswami and Chamari Athapaththu were seen having a conversation in a video shared by the Barbados Royals on social media.

Jhulan Goswami and Chamari Athapaththu shares heartfelt moment before WCPL match. PC: Barbados Royals
Jhulan Goswami and Chamari Athapaththu shares heartfelt moment before WCPL match. PC: Barbados Royals

The Barbados Royals signed Chamari Athapaththu for the third edition of the Women’s Caribbean Premier League, while former Indian pacer Jhulan Goswami joined the Trinbago Knight Riders as a mentor for WCPL 2024. Both Chamari Athapaththu and Jhulan Goswami shared a heartfelt moment ahead of the match between the Trinbago Knight Riders and the Barbados Royals.

The conversation began with a warm hug between Chamari and Jhulan, two stalwarts in the women’s game. Chamari, the current Sri Lankan skipper, spoke fondly of Harshitha Samarawickrama, referring to her as “my little girl” and expressing her hope for the young cricketer’s continued growth and success. “Please take care of my little girl,” she said. Jhulan responded with understanding, “Yes, I know. I saw her in the Women’s Asia Cup final.”

With Harshitha Samarawickrama being a member of the Trinbago Knight Riders in the Women’s Caribbean Premier League, a team where Jhulan serves as a mentor, in the Women’s Asia Cup final against India, the left-handed batter scored a match-winning unbeaten 69 to guide Sri Lanka to their maiden Asia Cup triumph. The former Indian pacer congratulated Chamari Athapaththu following Sri Lanka’s Asia Cup win.

Chamari Athapaththu later opened up about her busy schedule, mentioning that she was representing the Oval Invincibles in The Women’s Hundred after the conclusion of the Women’s Asia Cup. She then returned to international duties, leading the Sri Lankan side in the three-match ODI series in Ireland. Now, she finds herself in the Caribbean, playing for the Barbados Royals in the third edition of the Women’s Caribbean Premier League. “It’s been a long tour,” Chamari admitted.

Also Read:  Jhulan Goswami proving the proverb : Sky is not the limit

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Sierra Leone Women’s National Cricket Team Belize Women’s National Cricket Team Namibia Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket