Match 7: Uganda vs Tanzania | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Match no. 7 of the ongoing 02 edition of the Victoria series will see hosts Rwanda play Tanzania at Lugogo Cricket Oval, Kampala, on the 21st of April, at 12:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

Match 7: Uganda vs Tanzania | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

A clash of the two unbeaten, Uganda and Tanzania, that’s in store for tomorrow. While hosts Uganda have bagged a couple of thumping wins (6 wicket win against UAE and 7 wicket win against Rwanda), Tanzania has looked dominant (7 wickets win against UAE and a 101-run win against Kenya).

Squads:

Uganda – Concy Aweko (C), Janet Mbabazi (VC), Sarah Akiteng, Prosscovia Alako, Irene Alumo, Evelyn Anyipo, Kevin Awino (WK), Esther Iloku (WK), Phiona Kulume, Patricia Malemikia, Rita Musamali, Immaculate Nakisuuyi, Stephani Nampiina, Gloria Obukor

Tanzania – Fatuma Kibasu (C), Saumu Hussein, Sophia Jerome, Perice Kamunya, Malizia Kibwana, Aisha Mohamed, Mwapwani Mohamedi, Shufaa Mohamedi (WK), Saum Mtae, Sonia Muya, Hudaa Omary, Tabu Omary, Monica Pascal, Neema Pius, Agnes Qwele, Nasra Saidi, Mwanaidi Swedy, Josephine Ulrik, Flavia Odhiambo

Players to watch out:

Prosscovia Alako

The 20-year-old in 20 Twenty20 International (T20I) outings, with the bat, has got to 349 runs with the highest score of 116 and in 4 innings with the ball, has bagged a couple of wickets. Alako while departed for a duck against Rwanda, scored a 20 in the following game.

Evelyn Anyipo

The 26-year-old all-rounder in 36 bowling (T20I) innings has bagged 29 wickets and in 17 innings with the bat, has got to 86 runs. With bowling figures of 0/6 and 1/18, Evelyn is off to a fine start in the series.

Also Read:  2023 Recap: Top 5 Wicket-Takers in Women's T20I in 2023

Neema Pius

The 21-year-old batter in 17 T20I innings has scored 251 runs at an average of 20.91 and has got the highest score of 65. In the tournament, with the bat, Neema has registered scores of 14*, 20*, and 8, and with the ball, in her lone outing, produced figures of 0/21.

Perice Kamunya

The 21-year-old all-rounder in 19 T20I innings has scored 174 runs and has struck 46 wickets in 34 innings. Perice wasn’t required with the bat against UAE, while with the ball registered figures of 1/21, and against Kenya, produced figures of 3/14 with the ball and a firing 34* with the bat.

Pitch:

The pitch at the Lugogo Cricket Oval is likely to favor the bowlers, particularly the fast bowlers. The average score on this pitch is quite low, however, the batters if adjust their game and adapt to the conditions, will be able to make an impact.

Weather:

The temperature is forecasted at around 23°C, with humidity levels of 78%, light winds, and a high chance of rain, it could be an annoying day at the cricket if the skies don’t clear. Expect delayed starts and interruptions as rains are forecasted even during match hours.

Fantasy playing XI:

Kevin Awino, Shufaa Mohamedi, Fatuma Kibasu, Hudaa Omary, Neema Pius, Janet Mbabazi, Saum Mtae, Stephani Nampiina, Aisha Mohamed, Concy Aweko, Irene Alumo

Match details:

Date – April 21, 2023

Time – 12:00 PM IST

Venue – Lugogo Cricket Oval, Kampala

Broadcast – All games of the tournament will be streamed live on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here