Who are the top 5 wicket-takers in the U19 Women’s T20 World Cup?

The ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup saw a wonderful exhibition of cricket in the youngsters who battled against each over 41 matches. But who are the top five wicket-takers who impressed one and all with their stellar performances?

1. Maggie Clark- Australia (12 wickets)

Player Profile of Maggie Clark - U19 Australia Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Maggie Clark – U19 Australia Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

The lanky pacer from Australia was incisive with her pace and precision having pocketed 12 wickets from 5 outings. Bowling at an incredible average of 6.25, she was economical at 4.20 and bowled two maidens in the tournament. She registered her best bowling figures of 3/15 and struck at 8.9 which really set her apart from the rest.

1. Parshavi Chopra- India (11 wickets)

Player Profile of Parshavi Chopra - U19 India Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Parshavi Chopra – U19 India Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

India’s Parshavi Chopra in her six matches at the World Cup was superior and a cut above the rest as she scalped 11 wickets at an average of 7.00 and an economy rate of 3.66. With the best bowling figures of 4/5, she was a class apart. Her strike rate of 11.4 was nothing short of incredible and always picked wickets when India most needed her to break partnerships.

1. Hannah Baker- England (10 wickets)

Player Profile of Hannah Baker - U19 England Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Hannah Baker – U19 England Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

“When I grow up I want to be like Hannah Baker”- Issy Wong and that pretty much sums up the World Cup the wily spinner had. With a haul of 10 wickets from 6 matches, she was instrumental in delivering economical spells and restricting the opposition at ease. Her average of 7.3 and strike rate of 13.1 made her a crucial cog in the English setup.

1. Anosha Nasir- Pakistan (10 wickets)

Player Profile of Anosha Nasir - U19 Pakistan Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Anosha Nasir – U19 Pakistan Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

Pakistan’s Anosha Nasir made a statement with her 10 wickets and bowled with a lot of control and guile in the tricky South African pitches. She was economical at 5.50 while also averaging 11 but her strike rate of 12 made her an extremely dependable asset for Pakistan.

1. Grace Scrivens- England (9 wickets)

Player Profile of Grace Scrivens - U19 England Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images
Player Profile of Grace Scrivens – U19 England Cricketer on Female Cricket. PC: Getty Images

England’s skipper leading from the front was Grace Scrivens who had a World Cup to remember with her premier all-round performance and was deservingly adjudged the ‘Player of the Tournament’. Scalping 9 wickets at an average of 7.11 and an economy rate of 3.09, she struck at 13.7 and what was remarkable was how she had figures of 4/2 and bowled three maidens. She is an asset that England would definitely want to invest in going ahead.

I am a first year postgraduate student pursuing a MA in Media and Communication Studies at Christ University, Bengaluru. I am a podcaster, blogger and an avid cricket fan. When not glued to cricket matches, you can find me submerged in books and thinking about cricket all the time.

Also Read:  SWOT Analysis of Australia's Squad selected for U19 Women’s T20 World Cup 2023
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here