Free Entry announced for U19 Women’s T20 World Cup

The ICC U19 Women’s T20 World Cup is set to kickstart on 14th January 2023 and will feature 16 participants in the inaugural edition. The matches will take place in three venues namely North-West University Oval, JB Marks Oval and Willowmoore Park in Potchefstroom and Benoni respectively. In a welcome move, Cricket South Africa (CSA) has announced that entry is free for all matches at the U-19 World Cup. 

Free Entry announced for U19 Women’s T20 World Cup. PC: Getty Images
Free Entry announced for U19 Women’s T20 World Cup. PC: Getty Images

Even the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 2023 will get started in over 30 days in South Africa and will have around thirty thousand tickets available for a reasonable price of R30 across venues. The tickets will be available at the ticket offices and online till stocks last.

Dane van Niekerk in the ICC Media Release added, “There is a real buzz in the air for the ICC Women’s T20 World Cup, it is starting to feel very real now. It’s not often that you get to watch premium cricket at such a price, especially with some of the world’s best cricketers on show. Being a Gqeberha local, I know the experience and atmosphere is going to be electric, fans are going to be in for a treat on and off the field. These World Cups are significant and will also be firsts in the African region in women’s sports and more specifically for women’s cricket which goes to show the proliferation and impact of the game.”

The U19 World Cup has been quite remarkable and the build-up has been nothing short of exciting. The warm-up games have seen some surprising results, close encounters, and thrillers that have kept the fans waiting for the 41 group stage matches. 2023 is already quite the exciting time for women’s cricket as the U-19 World Cup will be the first of its kind and we will witness leading cricketers from these 16 countries in action and will be ones to watch out for as they are future stars. With the entry made free, it will encourage more spectators to throng the stadiums making it accessible for everyone which is a step in the right direction.

I am a first year postgraduate student pursuing a MA in Media and Communication Studies at Christ University, Bengaluru. I am a podcaster, blogger and an avid cricket fan. When not glued to cricket matches, you can find me submerged in books and thinking about cricket all the time.

Also Read:  Match 1: Australia U19 v Bangladesh U19 | Squads | Players to Watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming
Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here