1st T20I: Namibia vs United Arab Emirates | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Hosts Namibia and the United Arab Emirates will go head-to-head in the Twenty20 International (T20I) Tri-Series opener, which also features Zimbabwe. The game will be played at Wanderers Cricket Ground, Windhoek, on the 6th of September 2024, at 5:30 PM Indian Standard Time (IST).

1st T20I Namibia vs United Arab Emirates
1st T20I Namibia vs United Arab Emirates

Squads:

Namibia – Sune Wittmann (C), Yasmeen Khan (VC), Mezerly Gorases, Wilka Mwatile, Arrasta Diergaardt, Victoria Hamunyela, Saima Tuhadeleni, Kayleen Green, Irene Van Zyl, Naomi Benjamin, Edelle Van Zyl, Bianca Manuel, Mekelaye Mwatile, Sylvia Shihepo

United Arab Emirates – Esha Oza (C), Archara Supriya, Heena Harish Hotchandani, Indhuja Nandakumar, Kavisha Kumari Egodage, Keziah Miriam Sabin, Lavanya Keny, Mehak Thakur, Rinitha Rajith, Rishitha Rajith, Rithika Rajith, Samaira Dharnidharka, Theertha Satish (WK), Vaishnave Mahesh

Players to watch out:

Yasmeen Khan

The 25-year-old all-rounder, from 68 T20Is, has amassed 1,277 runs, including a highest score of 78*, while also taking 9 wickets from as many bowling outings, maintaining an economy rate of 4.65. Yasmeen, in her previous two T20Is earlier this year, registered scores of 48 and 17, while not bowling in those innings. She can be relied upon to deliver the goods.

Victoria Hamunyela

The 21-year-old off-spinner, averaging 13.46 and maintaining an economy rate of 4.37, has scalped 50 wickets from 44 T20I innings, with the best of 4/8. Victoria has had a consistent run of late, and her previous two T20I returns from earlier this year read 1/16 and 1/29. She is a seasoned spinner and can be counted on to lead the wickets tally.

Esha Oza

The 26-year-old all-rounder, in T20Is, from 80 outings, has racked up 2,138 runs at a strike rate of 112.40 and, from 64 innings, has bagged 56 wickets at an economy rate of 4.84, with bests of 158* and 3/0. Esha has been in extraordinary form with both bat and ball recently, though not as much in the most recent Asia Cup. She can be relied upon for all-round efforts.

Also Read:  Match 8: United Arab Emirates vs Zimbabwe | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Vaishnave Mahesh

The 17-year-old leg-spinner, from 66 T20I innings, has picked up 82 wickets, including the best of 4/10, averaging 12.34 and maintaining an economy rate of 4.85. Vaishnave hasn’t had much success of late and also didn’t find any success in her most recent campaign, the Asia Cup in July 2024. She should be backed to find her wicket-taking best in this series.

Pitch:

The Windhoek wicket provides significant assistance to bowlers, especially pacers, leading to an average score in the 90s. Batters have a hard time scoring runs freely on this wicket; however, if they remain disciplined, they can post a competitive total.

Weather:

It is expected to be a pleasant day for cricket with no rain interruptions, as the radar indicates clear, sunny skies. The temperature is forecasted to hover around 28°C, with light winds and a humidity of 15%.

Fantasy playing XI:

Theertha Satish, Yasmeen Khan, Sune Wittmann, Edelle Van Zyl, Kavisha Kumari Egodage, Esha Oza, Arrasta Diergaardt, Vaishnave Mahesh, Irene Van Zyl, Samaira Dharnidharka, Victoria Hamunyela

Match details:

Date – September 6, 2024

Time – 5:30 PM IST

Venue – Wanderers Cricket Ground, Windhoek

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Mozambique Women’s National Cricket Team Profile Mali Women’s National Cricket Team Profile Malawi Women’s National Cricket Team Profile
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket