Match 13: Northern Superchargers v Manchester Originals Women | Squads | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

The 13th match of the Hundred Women’s Competition 2022 will be played between Northern Superchargers and Manchester Originals on August 21 at Headingley in Leeds. The match will start at 8 PM IST.

Match 13: Northern Superchargers v Manchester Originals Women | Squads | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

This will be the fourth match of the tournament for both teams. Northern Superchargers and Manchester Originals have won one and lost two of their three matches played so far. While Northern Superchargers have won against London Spirit, they have lost to Birmingham Phoenix and Oval Invincibles). On the other hand, Manchester Originals have won against Welsh Fire and lost to Trent Rockets and Southern Brave.

Squads

Northern Superchargers: Hollie Armitage, Alice Davidson-Richards, Alyssa Healy, Bess Heath, Beth Langston, Katie Levick, Kalea Moore, Jemimah Rodrigues, Liz Russell, Linsey Smith, Laura Wolvaardt, Jenny Gunn, Lucy Higham, Heather Graham, Bethany Harmer, Rachel Slater

Manchester Originals: Deandra Dottin, Amy Satterthwaite, Ami Campbell, Phoebe Graham, Georgie Boyce, Kate Cross, Sophie Ecclestone, Cordelia Griffith, Laura Jackson, Hannah Jones, Emma Lamb, Lizelle Lee, Ellie Threlkeld, Grace Potts, Lea Tahuhu, Mahika Gaur

Players to watch out for

Alyssa Healy:

The right-handed opening batter and wicket-keeper of Northern Superchargers top scored with a delectable 46 off 28 balls in her last match against Birmingham Phoenix. The hard-hitting Australian smashed seven boundaries and a six in her stellar innings. In the process, she stitched a 68-run opening partnership with Gaby Lewis.

Alice Davidson-Richards: 

The right arm off speedster from Northern Superchargers was the pick of the bowlers in her last fixture against Birmingham Phoenix. She scalped 30/3 in her full quota of 20 balls. Apart from her bowling, she is known for her more than handy batting skills. She is a right-handed middle order batter.

Also Read:  Alana King handed Australian Contract for 2022-23

Emma Lamb: 

The right-handed opening batter from Manchester Originals had a great outing with the bat in her last match against Southern Brave. She led the run chase from the front with a brilliant 57 off 45 balls. She hit four boundaries and a six and almost took her team across the line chasing 137. However, the team fell shy of just nine runs in the end. She also bowled 15 balls of off spin and conceded 17 runs.

Sophie Ecclestone: 

The wily left arm spinner from England was the most successful bowler for Manchester Originals in her last outing against Southern Brave. The world number one ODI and T20I bowler in women’s cricket claimed 32/2 in her full set of 20 balls. In addition to her bowling, she can contribute with the bat in the middle order.

Pitch

This will be the second match of the tournament at this venue. The last match saw close to 250 runs being scored. 11 wickets fell in the process. The team batting first won the match as they defended 127. With cloudy conditions and a chance of showers in the afternoon, the wicket could assist the fast bowlers.

Weather

The weather is expected to see periods of clouds and sunshine with a shower in the area in the afternoon. The maximum temperature attained during the day could be 20 degrees Celsius. The expected cloud cover will be 68 percent with 40 percent chance of rain. The wind will blow from the west.

Fantasy Playing XI

Alyssa Healy, Bess Heath, Laura Wolvaardt, Lizelle Lee, Amy Satterthwaite, Deandra Dottin, Emma Lamb, Alice Davidson-Richards, Sophie Ecclestone, Kate Cross, Hannah Emily Jones 

Also Read:  Shabnim Ismail and Ayabonga Khaka restrict New Zealand to 228 Runs

Match details 

Date: August 21, 2022

Time: 8 PM IST

Venue: Headingley, Leeds

Live streaming: Fan Code

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here