Bowling Style:- Right-arm Off-break
Batting Style:- Right Hand Bat
Place of Birth:- Bulawayo, Zimbabwe
Role:- Batting All-rounder
Teams:- Zimbabwe Women

Sharne Mayers for Zimbabwe. PC: Female Cricket
Sharne Mayers for Zimbabwe. PC: Female Cricket

Bio:-

The 31-year-old veteran batting all-rounder from Zimbabwe made her international debut on 5th January 2019 in a T20I against Namibia. She has scored 711 runs at a strike rate of 99.85, and an impressive average of 30.91 in 26 innings Her tally of runs includes four half-centuries so far. Her best performance with the bat for Zimbabwe in the T20I format came on 25th April 2023 when she scored an unbeaten 71 runs at a strike rate of 105.97 against Thailand. She played a crucial role in helping her side clinch a comprehensive 24-run victory in the 1st T20I on their tour to Thailand. She was awarded the Player of the Match for her match-winning performance (71* off 67 balls) with the bat for her side.

Apart from her exploits with the bat, she has also picked up one wicket with the ball in a couple of innings for Zimbabwe in the T20I format.

She made her ODI debut on 13th November 2021 against Bangladesh. She has scored 137 runs at a strike rate of 70.98 and an average of 19.57 in seven innings so far. Her best performance with the bat in the ODI format came on 15th November 2021 when she scored 39 runs at a strike rate of 63.93 against Bangladesh. Apart from her exploits with the bat, she has also picked up one wicket with the ball in a couple of innings.

Also Read:  Who is Kathryn Bryce | Bio | Stats | Scotland Player

She has been part of significant events such as the 2008 Women’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier in South Africa and captained the team in the 2017 Women’s Cricket World Cup Qualifier. Despite her talent, she, along with three other Zimbabwean women cricketers, was barred by the International Cricket Council (ICC) from playing in a Global Development Squad in July 2019 due to the suspension of Zimbabwe Cricket.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here