England Women’s squad for upcoming series against Sri Lanka announced, Mahika Gaur earns her maiden England call

The Sri Lankan Women’s team was last involved in a three-match T20I series against New Zealand at home in July 2023. The home side did not have a favorable result in the series as they lost the T20I series to the visitors, New Zealand. However, they managed to avoid a whitewash by winning the third T20I.

Mahika Gaur earns her maiden England call. PC: Getty
Mahika Gaur earns her maiden England call. PC: Getty

As far as the ODIs are concerned, they faced the same opponents for a three-match ODI series in June where they managed to get the better of New Zealand as they secured their first-ever bilateral series victory against New Zealand. The England women’s team was recently involved in the Women’s Ashes at home which concluded on 18th July 2023. They failed to regain the Women’s Ashes, however, they managed to beat Australia in the T20Is as well as the ODI series and bag the limited-overs series.

The England women’s team will now be returning from a month-long break at the international level to host Sri Lanka for a limited-overs series which commences on 31st August 2023 with a three-match T20I series, followed by a three-match ODI series.

England Women’s T20I Squad for the Sri Lanka Series.

Heather Knight ©, Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Charlie Dean, Lauren Filer, Mahika Gaur, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones, Freya Kemp, Issy Wong, Danielle Wyatt.

England Women’s ODI Squad for the Sri Lanka Series.

Heather Knight ©, Tammy Beaumont, Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Kate Cross, Charlie Dean, Lauren Filer, Mahika Gaur, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones, Emma Lamb, Nat Sciver-Brunt.

Also Read:  1st ODI: England vs Sri Lanka | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live streaming

Sri Lanka Tour of England 2023 T20I Series Schedule.

Match No

Date

Venue

Time (IST).

31st August 2023.

County Ground, Hove.

7 PM.

2nd September 2023.

County Ground, Chelmsford

7 PM.

6th September 2023.

County Ground, Derby.

10:30 PM.

Sri Lanka Tour of England 2023 ODI Series Schedule.

Match No

Date 

Venue

Time (IST).

9th September

Riverside Ground, Chester-le-Street.

3:30 PM.

12th September

County Ground, Northampton.

5 PM.

14th September

Grace Road, Leicester.