The legendary player and captain of the Indian Women’s ODI team Mithali Raj has achieved yet another milestone in her cricketing career as she surpasses 7000 ODI International runs. She is the first woman in the world to reach 7000 plus ODI runs. During the India vs South Africa five-match ODI series at Lucknow’s Ekana Stadium, Mithali Raj scored 45(71) in the on-going 4th ODI thereby achieving the feat. She also completed her 10000 career international runs during the 3rd ODI.
The skipper who made her debut in the year 1999 has been just brilliant in her games showcasing sheer proficiency with the bat. She has set an example for the young generation! She is now the player with the most runs in ODI format, having achieved the milestone in 213 matches with her best score being 125* and having a score of 54 fifties and 7 centuries.
— Female Cricket (@imfemalecricket) March 14, 2021
Here are some splendid records by captain Mithali Raj:
- Most runs in ODIs- 7019
- Most matches played in ODIs- 213
- Most matches as captain in ODIs- 136
- Most 50+ scores in ODIs- 61
- Only Indian to score 10,000 runs in International Cricket
- The only woman to have played over two decades.
- She has the second most number of the fifties to her name, among the current Indian cricketers- both male and female.
- Only female cricketer to appear in 200+ ODIs and still going strong.
- The youngest player to hit a ton, at the age of 16 years and 205 days
The world is proud of the Skipper!
For more such latest news and updates around women’s cricket, follow us on Twitter.
I’m a Senior Masters student pursuing Journalism and Mass Communication. An all time Cricket enthusiast. I could never play the game but always loved watching it, and now writing about it!