Watch Highlights: South Africa clinch T20I series with dominant 8-wicket win over Pakistan

In the decisive third T20I between hosts Pakistan and South Africa, the visitors clinched the series 2-1 with a commanding 8-wicket victory, successfully chasing down Pakistan’s target of 154 runs with nine balls to spare. Anneke Bosch (46), Laura Wolvaardt (45), and Annerie Dercksen (44*) played pivotal roles in the chase, each contributing valuable runs to ensure a smooth path to victory. The win not only showcased South Africa’s batting depth but also served as a confidence booster ahead of the upcoming Women’s T20 World Cup.

Watch Highlights South Africa clinch T20I series with dominant 8-wicket win over Pakistan. PC: Getty
Watch Highlights South Africa clinch T20I series with dominant 8-wicket win over Pakistan. PC: Getty

Pakistan began their innings with a promising start, posting 153 runs for the loss of 5 wickets. Sidra Amin (37) and Muneeba Ali (33) laid a solid foundation, but the middle order faltered under pressure. Skipper Fatima Sana also made a significant contribution, scoring (27), adding crucial runs in the middle overs. South Africa’s bowlers, particularly Sune Luus (1/18 off 4) and Chloe Tryon (1/23 off 4), effectively contained the scoring, setting the stage for a successful chase.

Highlights from the match:

Anneke Bosch (South Africa) – 46(37)

Anneke Bosch was a standout performer for South Africa, scoring 46 runs off 37 balls. Her innings included six boundaries and one six, showcasing her ability to anchor the innings while maintaining a strike rate of 124.32. Bosch formed a crucial partnership with Laura Wolvaardt, together adding 81 runs in just 56 balls, before walking back retired hurt due to extreme heat. Wolvaardt contributed 31 runs, supporting Bosch effectively in building a solid foundation for the innings.

Annerie Dercksen (South Africa) – 44* (23)

Annerie Dercksen also made a remarkable impact, finishing not out with 44 runs from just 23 balls. Her aggressive batting style was evident as she struck six fours and two sixes, at an impressive strike rate of 191.30. Dercksen’s ability to score quickly in the latter part of the innings helped secure the victory for her team.

Also Read:  Nida Dar bids farewell to Thunders in order to fulfill her commitments for the National side

Fatima Sana (Pakistan) – 27 (17) & 0/27 (2)

Though skipper Fatima Sana didn’t have a good outing with the ball in hand, conceding as many as 27 runs in two overs, her return to bowling after an injury scare in the previous game was a delight for fans. Notably, she continued her promising form with the bat, scoring a quick-fire 27 off 17 balls, including two boundaries and a maximum. Her late blitz, at a strike rate of 158.82, powered her team to post a strong total.

Sadia Iqbal (Pakistan) – 1/30 (4)

Sadia Iqbal delivered a solid performance for Pakistan. Over her four overs, she maintained a disciplined approach, conceding just 30 runs without any wides and taking the important wicket of Tazmin Brits early in the game, setting the tone. However, the win wasn’t to be.

Watch Highlights : 3rd T20I – Pakistan vs South Africa Women

Liked the story? Leave a comment here

Canada Women’s National Cricket Team Profile Sierra Leone Women’s National Cricket Team Belize Women’s National Cricket Team
Most Popular Female Cricketers on Instagram List of 10 Brother-Sister pair in Cricket Husband-Wife Pair in Cricket