Jhulan Goswami proving the proverb : Sky is not the limit

Tuesday, 11th September 2018, a date which has been written in the golden book of cricket. For those who have seen yesterday’s match already know what I’m talking about but for the ones who didn’t, not to worry I’m here; your informer. 

Jhulan Goswami proving the proverb : Sky is not the limit

Not only did India defeat Sri Lanka but also set records, worth remembering! And one of those records was 300th International Wicket taken by none another then Jhulan Goswami. Mithali Raj who has always been a friend, a companion to Jhulan Goswami also set the record of most capped women’s ODI captain with her 118th appearance.

Must Read : Interview with Jhulan Goswami – Champ from Chakdah

The 35 years old, Indian Pacer becomes the first woman cricketer to achieve this feat. She has 40 wickets in Test, 205 in ODI and 56 in T20. In fact, Goswami was the first woman bowler to take 200 ODI wickets as well. She started playing cricket at the age of 15 after watching 1992 World Cup when she realized her love for the game. And since then she has never turned back. She started her career as a full time bowler and while in the process of the game, she ended up loving batting and wicket-keeping too, hence an all-rounder. Her first ODI wicket was of Caroline Atkins from England and first T20 wicket was of Charlotte Edwards. A girl from a small village Nadia in West Bengal who never thought of playing cricket once said –

“When I started, I just wanted to play one match for the country, and to get one wicket.” That’s the thing about her, she goes on making records and leaving trails for the coming generation to follow. From being a ball girl in 1997 World Cup to being the highest wicket taker, Goswami has come a long way!

Also Read:  Jhulan Goswami, Deepti Sharma, Richa Ghosh felicitated by CAB

Few days earlier the all rounder had put everyone in shock by declaring retirement from T20 cricket, but this record has definitely given her fans a reason to be happy and a moment that they can cherish forever. Players like Goswami doesn’t comes in the game very easily but once they do, they leave no stone unturned.

Also Read : Who said what after Jhulan’s 200 Wicket milestone?

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here