Final: Railways v Maharashtra Women | Squads | Players to watch out | Fantasy Playing XI

The final match of the senior women’s T20 league will be played between Railways and Maharashtra on May 4 at Lalbhai Contractor Stadium in Surat.

Final: Railways v Maharashtra Women | Squads | Players to watch out | Fantasy Playing XI

Match preview

Squads

Railways: Mithali Raj (captain), Rajeshwari Gayakwad, S Meghana, Arundhati Reddy, Nuzhat Parween, Mona Meshram, Poonam Yadav, Dayalan Hemalatha, Meghna Singh, Swagatika Rath, Sneh Rana, T Shani, Renuka Singh Thakur, Ekta Bisht, Tanuja Kanwer, Tanushree Sarkar, Anjali Sarvani, Pushpa Kiresur, Preeti Bose, Punam Raut

Maharashtra: Smriti Mandhana (captain), Shivali Shinde(wk), Devika Vaidya, Tejal Hasabnis, Sayali Anil Lonkar, Mukta Magre, Maya Sonawane, Priyanka Garkhede, Shraddha Pokharkar, Utkarsha Amar Pawar, Aarti Kedar

Players to watch out for

Sabbhineni Meghana:

The right handed opening batter of Railways top scored with a blistering 84 off 63 balls in the semi finals against Odisha. She will certainly take a lot of confidence with her going into the finals.

Swagatika Rath: 

This all-rounder from Railways made a useful contribution with the ball in the semi final against Odisha. The off spinner scalped 2-23 in four overs and was one of the most successful bowlers. Apart from her bowling, she is more than a handy opening batter.

Shivali Shinde: 

The wicket-keeper batter from Maharashtra led the run chase from the front with a 37-ball 44 to help her side chase 122 runs in the semi final against Baroda. She is a safe house behind the stumps as well as in front of it.

Utkarsha Pawar: 

She was the pick of the bowlers for Maharashtra in the semi final against Baroda. The right arm seamer claimed 3-21 in four overs. She bowled well in the middle overs as well as in the death overs.

Also Read:  Railways emerge title Winners after beating Maharashtra by 7 Wickets

Pitch

A high scoring contest is expected as both the teams have a star studded batting line up. The venue will offer an exciting contest between bat and ball as both the teams have some good bowlers in their ranks. Dew could come in during the second innings making it slightly difficult for the bowlers.

Weather

The weather is expected to be sunny and warm in the afternoon and clear and humid in the evening. The average temperature will drop from 37 degrees Celsius in the afternoon to 29 degrees Celsius in the evening. There will be no cloud cover and there is no chance of rain throughout the course of the match. The wind will blow from the southwest.

Fantasy Playing XI

Nuzhat Parween, Shivali Shinde, Dayalan Hemalatha, Smriti Mandhana, Sabbhineni Meghana, Swagatika Rath, Sneh Rana, Devika Vaidya, Poonam Yadav, Tanuja Kanwer, Utkarsha Pawar

Match details

Date: May 4, 2022

Time: 4.30pm IST

Venue: Lalbhai Contractor Stadium, Surat

Follow Female Cricket on Instagram and Twitter for all the latest news and updates

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here