Bihar, Nagaland and Jammu & Kashmir start tournament on a winning-note

The senior women one-day tournament, a domestic competition in India, kicked off on October 28. Three matches were played on Thursday, namely, Bihar vs Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland vs Manipur, and Jammu & Kashmir vs Sikkim. All three matches were part of round one of Plate Group.

BCCI Logo
BCCI Logo

Bihar vs Arunachal Pradesh – Senior Women’s One Day Trophy 2021-22

Bihar and Arunachal Pradesh locked horns against each other at JU Second Campus, Salt Lake, Kolkata. Winning the toss and electing to bowl first, Arunachal Pradesh restricted Bihar to 207 in 49.3 overs. Bihar’s wicket-keeper bat Komal Kumari top scored with 52 runs off 77 balls, including six boundaries. For Arunachal Pradesh, Sarpik Ligu was the pick of the bowlers as she scalped 3-32 in her eight overs. In reply, Arunachal Pradesh could score only 127-7 in 50 overs, losing the match by 80 runs. Runa Sarkar was the highest scorer with 26 runs off 48 balls, including two boundaries. For Bihar, Priti Priya and Anu Kumari accounted for two wickets apiece.

Nagaland vs Manipur – Senior Women’s One Day Trophy 2021-22

Nagaland took on Manipur at 22 Yards, Salt Lake, Kolkata. Batting first, Nagaland smashed 239 in 50 overs, riding on Poonam Khemnar’s scintillating century. The number three batter plundered 105 runs off 126 balls, peppering the boundary rope 10 times, hitting nine boundaries and a six. For Manipur, Kiranbala Haorungbam and Niruta Thoudam accounted for three wickets each. In reply, Manipur scored 126-8 in 40 overs, before the match ended in Nagaland’s favor (VJD method). Nagaland won the match by 91 runs. Manipur’s skipper Ganga Devi top scored with 19 runs off 26 balls, hitting four boundaries. For Nagaland, Khemnar and Kiran Navgire were the most successful bowlers as they scalped two wickets apiece.

Also Read:  Group E: Round VII - Tamil Nadu and Saurashtra thrash Arunachal Pradesh and Mizoram

Jammu & Kashmir vs Sikkim – Senior Women’s One Day Trophy 2021-22

In a low-scoring encounter that was played at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, Jammu & Kashmir handed Sikkim a 9-wicket defeat as they made light work of the chase. Sikkim was bowled out for a paltry 33 in 18.1 overs. Rinki Rajak top scored with 7 runs off 35 balls, including one boundary. Nadia Chowdhary wrecked havoc with the ball as she picked up 4-11 in her five overs. In reply, Jammu & Kashmir achieved the target in 8.2 overs, thanks to Sarla Devi’s 24 not out off 31 balls, including four boundaries. Tabita Subba was the lone wicket-taker for Sikkim as she struck with 1-8 in three overs.

Bihar, Nagaland, and Jammu & Kashmir have pocked 4 points each for their wins.

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here