Preview: Match 2 – India C vs India D | Fantasy Playing XI | Players to Watch | Squad

The second match of senior women’s one day Challenger Trophy will be played between India C and India D on December 4 at Vijayawada. India C will be led by pace ace Shikha Pandey, while India D will be captained by all-rounder Pooja Vastrakar.

Match 2 – India C vs India D
Match 2 – India C vs India D

Match preview: India C vs India D

Squads:

India C: Arti Devi, Radha Yadav, C Prathyusha, Anushka Sharma, Aishwarya Singh, Sweta Verma, Priya Punia, Shikha Pandey, Tarannum Pathan, Priyanka Garkhede, Muskan Malik, Rizu Saha, Kashvee Gautam, Shipra Giri, Dhara Gujjar

India D: Ashwini Kumari, Sanjula Naik, Divya Gnanananda, Monica Patel, K Prathyoosha, Pooja Raj, Saika Ishaque, Pooja Vastrakar, Ayushi Soni, Rajeshwari, Sabbhineni Meghana, Kanika Ahuja, Keerthy James, Indrani Roy, Amanjot Kaur

Players to watch out for

Muskan Malik:

She was the top run-scorer for Uttar Pradesh in the recently concluded senior women one-day tournament and the second-highest overall with 364 runs in six matches, including three centuries. The teenager is a right-hand bat and has the ability to play long innings. She is solid with her technique and can rotate strike with ease.

Shikha Pandey:

The captain of India C, who is a seasoned campaigner will be a player to watch out for. The right arm seamer has been a part of the Indian team since 2014 and has featured in over 100 international matches. She is a good inswing bowler and can trouble any batter when she is on song. Apart from her bowling, she is more than handy with the bat.

Sabbhineni Meghana:

The right-hand opening bat was the highest run-getter in the senior women one-day tournament. Representing the mighty Indian Railways, she mustered 388 runs in six matches, including one century and a couple of half-centuries. Apart from playing domestic cricket, she has also represented India in six T20Is in 2016.

Also Read:  Squad for 4 Team Senior Women's T20 Challenger Announced

Kanika Ahuja:

Playing for Punjab in the senior women one day, she was the leading wicket-taker for the team and second-highest overall, with 15 wickets in seven matches. She averaged just 13.13 and had an economy of 4.19. She was accounted for one five-wicket haul. She bowls good lines and lengths, keeping the batters at bay.

Weather

The weather is expected to be hazy all through the course of the match with average temperature between 28 and 31 degrees Celsius. There is 3-4% chance of precipitation with almost 100% cloud cover during the course of the match. In the morning (local), the wind will blow from the north-west, while in the afternoon (local) it will blow from the west-northwest.

Pitch

The venue has not seen much domestic cricket being played with the last few matches being played in 2017 during the Ranji Trophy. Since it will be a fresh wicket, it is likely to aid the batters. For the bowlers, they will have to bowl those probing lines and lengths to yield the most of the wicket.

Match details

Date: December 4, 2021

Time: 9am IST

Venue: Dr. Gokaraju Laila Ganga Raju ACA Cricket Complex – CP Ground,Mulapadu, Vijayawada

I am a former cricketer having represented Mumbai University at All India University level. I was a part of MCA probables for the U-19 and U-23 age group. I have been an avid cricket writer for the last five years. Currently I am pursuing my Ph.D from IIT Bombay.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here