1st T20I: England vs Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Pakistan’s tour of England kicks off on the 11th of May, 2024, with the 1st of three Twenty20 Internationals (T20Is) and as many One Day Internationals (ODIs) will follow. The series opener is scheduled for 7:00 PM Indian Standard Time (IST) and will be played at Edgbaston, Birmingham.

1st T20I England vs Pakistan
1st T20I England vs Pakistan

Squads:

England – Heather Knight (C), Lauren Bell, Maia Bouchier, Alice Capsey, Charlie Dean, Sophie Ecclestone, Lauren Filer, Danielle Gibson, Sarah Glenn, Bess Heath, Amy Jones (WK), Freya Kemp, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Linsey Smith, Danielle Wyatt

Pakistan – Nida Dar (C), Aliya Riaz, Ayesha Zafar, Diana Baig, Fatima Sana, Gull Feroza, Muneeba Ali (WK), Najiha Alvi (WK), Nashra Sundhu, Natalia Parvaiz, Rameen Shamim, Sadaf Shamas, Sadia Iqbal, Sidra Amin, Tuba Hassan, Umm-e-Hani, Waheeda Akhtar

Players to watch out:

Maia Bouchier

The 25-year-old top-order batter, from 21 T20I innings, has amassed 428 runs, including the highest of 91, averaging 26.75 and striking at 124.41. Maia in a recent T20I series notched up consecutive scores of 71 and 91, and continuing her form, has been in decent form in the ’24 domestic games. She can be counted on for the runs.

Lauren Bell

The 23-year-old pacer has bagged 23 wickets from 18 T20I innings, maintaining an economy rate of 7.04 and registering the best of 4/12. Lauren, in a recent T20I series against New Zealand, returned figures of 2/29, 2/24, 0/40, and 1/22 and hasn’t featured in the ’24 domestic season yet. It’ll be hoped she picks up from where she left off.

Nida Dar

The 37-year-old all-rounder in T20Is, from 139 outings, has scalped 135 wickets and posted 1898 runs on the tally from 129 innings, registering bests of 5/21 and 75. In a recent 5-match home T20I series against West Indies, Nida, while economical and amongst wickets, managed a string of starts with the bat. The team will count on her to deliver the goods.

Also Read:  2nd T20I: England vs Pakistan | Squads | Players to watch | Fantasy Playing XI | Live Streaming | Pitch Report

Fatima Sana

The 22-year-old pacer, from 32 T20I innings, has picked up 29 wickets, including the best of 3/18, maintaining an economy rate of 7.35, while also chipping in scoring 146 runs from 19 innings. Fatima, in the home West Indies series, bagged 5 wickets from 4 games and looked in promising form and rhythm. She’ll be backed to excel in English conditions.

Pitch:

Edgbaston provides a batting-friendly surface with an average score in the 140s. However, the pitch also offers enough assistance for bowlers, particularly for pacers, who can dominate in the powerplay overs.

Weather:

With light winds, humidity at 56%, and the temperature forecasted to hover around 22°C, the conditions promise a complete game of cricket. Despite mostly cloudy skies, the chances of rain are minimal.

Fantasy playing XI:

Amy Jones, Heather Knight, Danielle Wyatt, Maia Bouchier, Freya Kemp, Nida Dar, Nat Sciver-Brunt, Fatima Sana, Charlie Dean, Sophie Ecclestone, Lauren Bell

Match details:

Date – May 11, 2024

Time – 7:00 PM IST

Venue – Edgbaston, Birmingham

Broadcast – The game will be live-streamed on the FanCode app and website.

Join Our WhatsApp Channel Join Now
Follow us on Instagram Join Now

Liked the story? Leave a comment here